Thread: Soar Canyon

Default Soar Canyon

Does anybody have any exp. with one of these canoes. It seems to have almost the same specs as the pro pioneer. Thanks

Default SOAR Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by 450HUNTER View Post
    Does anybody have any exp. with one of these canoes. It seems to have almost the same specs as the pro pioneer. Thanks
    You need to contact Larry Laba, the owner of SOAR, for details on the Canyon. The boat is very similar to the PP. He builds both of them. His number in California is 1 (800) 280-SOAR (7627). He's a very easy guy to talk to and can give you the whole lowdown on both boats.

Hope it helps!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks Mike and I called that number and talked to some lady that was very helpful/nice. She said basicly the only difference was the length and the handles on the side. Do you think I should call back and ask for Larry Laba? Thanks again

Default SOAR Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by 450HUNTER View Post
    Thanks Mike and I called that number and talked to some lady that was very helpful/nice. She said basicly the only difference was the length and the handles on the side. Do you think I should call back and ask for Larry Laba? Thanks again
    No, you pretty much have it there. I used to know all the differences between the two boats, but I had forgotten. As I remember, the PP had a few more whistles and bells. There is some history / politics behind this too, but that's another discussion. The bottom line for you is features and price. Sounds like you have that information; I wouldn't bother Mr. Laba with it. But he is the man if you need a Canyon.

Take care,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

I thought the PP had 16 inch diameter tubes and the other had 14 inch.

Default You might be thinking-

Quote Originally Posted by mp214parks View Post
    I thought the PP had 16 inch diameter tubes and the other had 14 inch.
    You might be thinking of the S-16?

-Mike

The S-16 has 12" tube, PP has 14" tubes, and the Canyon has 14" tubes. Basicly the only difference between the PP and the canyon is the PP is 16' long and the Canyon is 15' long.