Thread: 2010 Moose Season Dates

Default 2010 Moose Season Dates

I am getting close to the final stages of planning my hunt for next fall and had a question about opening day dates. Now the biologists I spoke with suggested that there would not be any significant changes to the season structure for 2010 but here is my question, are the seasons tied to the date, like Sept. 1 or 5, or are they tied to the day (first Tuesday, first Sat, etc.) Case in point, the NC deer season ususally starts the third Saturday of October regardless of the date.

By date, also a word of advice. Last year when the regs came out, it contained a few errors. One was the season dates for non-res in unit 25c. I ran into 2 hunters that were from the lower 48 that had flown in for the wrong dates and only learned of the error at the air taxis and had to vastly change their plans. So after the regs come out check for updates and emergency orders. Good luck planning, I'm doing the same as I sit and watch it snow.

Good Luck

Steve

Default Season dates

are not tied to "Days". Depending on the unit they start on a 1st, 5th, etc.

Thanks, I pretty much figured it was the date but I wanted to be sure.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
    Thanks, I pretty much figured it was the date but I wanted to be sure.

yup its the date... just becarfulll some times the September 1st is on a sunday and sometimes its a friday...

though it really dont matter we all leave anyway
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Good luck planning, I'm doing the same as I sit and watch it snow.

Good Luck

Steve
    Steve,

When do the regs generally come out?

I have to put in for vacation in November of this year for time off next year. I usually go for September 8th-15th. I may go north next year and put in for 13th-20th.