Thread: 2010-2011 Hunt Supplement

Default New drawing supplement

Not sure if this thing is new or not, but it is available on the state website again.

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...rawsupplements

Richard

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Oak this is twice man....

pretty soon we will start holding you accountable
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default 2010-2011 Hunt Supplement

OK, looks like it's back out again and I didn't see anything that changed for any of the draws I am applying for but I did see the North Eagle River sheep draw will only be open to 1 non-resident hunter from the 10th to the 22nd. If they were going to split the tags the least they could do was put the non-resident tag on the second hunt.
    http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/permi.../draw_supp.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    OK, looks like it's back out again and I didn't see anything that changed for any of the draws I am applying for but I did see the North Eagle River sheep draw will only be open to 1 non-resident hunter from the 10th to the 22nd. If they were going to split the tags the least they could do was put the non-resident tag on the second hunt.
    http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/permi.../draw_supp.pdf
    Thanks AKHUNTER45. Got the supplement printed and an excel spread sheet printed up with the names of people I'm helping apply for and species breakdown all in a 3 ring binder. Looks like nothing I was going to apply for from the "early bird" supplement changed, but it should give me something to do to fill out the spreadsheet studying the supplement on my flight home from the slope this morning in case I missed anything, just can't let the guy next to see what I'm applying for

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Oak beat you too it ... akhunter
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Just like that the two threads are one...

What the heck? I hit the new thread button and but didn't get a new thread. Never saw oaks thread, otheriwse I wouldn't have posted this.

TACKS.......Anything change on the Tacks Hunts.........????

What the heck? I hit the new thread button and but didn't get a new thread. Never saw oaks thread, otheriwse I wouldn't have posted this.
    No sense in having two threads saying the same thing so I just merged them into one. I liked your title better so that stuck but Oak has first post since that is automatically put in chronological order... No worries

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    TACKS.......Anything change on the Tacks Hunts.........????
    Huh?? What are TACKS hunts?

Default No difference

I compared the "current" supplement to the one that I downloaded early. There are no differences. Compare was run with Microsoft Windiff V5.1

Huh?? What are TACKS hunts?

Well, I just figured there must be some "World Class" Tacks open for Draw permits. See about HALF of the threads here are guys talking about how wonderful their firearm is, and how good it is at hitting tacks. I personally think it does not make economic sense to be shooting ammo that costs $2.00 per cartridge's at tacks. But people SURE do like to talk about their tack'drivers.......a fella would think that if them "Tack'drives was that common that would not be something to be all that proud of. I figure it is like archery, a fella most likely has to qualify and get a tack'drivers card before he can apply to hunt tacks. I want a European mounted Tack. I figure to put it on the wall next to a 16d common. (Note: Most of my full curl nails, I just pound them over using a 24 oz. hammer with open sights..........

That's what I get for asking......

That's what I get for asking......

Sorry......Someone has to be the straightman......

Sorry......Someone has to be the straightman......
    think we get the point..........

meet on face book here

What happened to DM799 & DM798?

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBLAZE View Post
    I talked with the folks at F&G when I was up in Delta in 2008, and they told me that the cow tags in 797, 798, and 799 were in place to knock the moose population down after the numbers exploded following the big burn through that area. If you look at the permits given out in those areas over the past three years:

Year: 2007, 2008, 2009
    797: 540, Reg, 50
    798: 180, 390, 100
    799: 180, 200, 50

Perhaps the bios have decided the population is back down to a more sustainable level so they're not harvesting any more cows in that area? That'd be my guess. (But I could be completely off base )
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBLAZE View Post
    same as the unit 20a areas down the parks...

they were all registrations not to many years ago.. now they are getting down to 10-12 draws per zone... bar the hard to get zones... but they are still popular in the winter...

i am not sure the AC in those areas are going to vote yeah on them again.....

NOT SURE>.. but have that feeling.....

meet on face book here

Talking

Well, I just figured there must be some "World Class" Tacks open for Draw permits. See about HALF of the threads here are guys talking about how wonderful their firearm is, and how good it is at hitting tacks. I personally think it does not make economic sense to be shooting ammo that costs $2.00 per cartridge's at tacks. But people SURE do like to talk about their tack'drivers.......a fella would think that if them "Tack'drives was that common that would not be something to be all that proud of. I figure it is like archery, a fella most likely has to qualify and get a tack'drivers card before he can apply to hunt tacks. I want a European mounted Tack. I figure to put it on the wall next to a 16d common. (Note: Most of my full curl nails, I just pound them over using a 24 oz. hammer with open sights..........

That there is just funny !!!
    (Note: Most of my full curl nails,I just pound them over using a 24 oz. hammer with open sights )
    I have not laughed that hard in a while .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif