Thread: Kenai Peninsula Goat Registration Permits

Default Kenai Peninsula Goat Registration Permits

Looks like the only area that went to registration this here for goats on the Kenai was English Bay area. I was hoping that HomerDave was right about Lost Lake as I would have liked to tag along to help some guys pack a goat out of there, but no luck.

Just thought some would like to know.

Default Lost lake

Lost lake was open for about 30 seconds! Fish and game gave out 12 permits for lost lake. I logged on an 8:00 sharp, and it was not up yet. I went back 1 min later, and it was on the list. I filled out all the info, and by the time I was done and submitted it the 12 tag quota had already been filled. I don't think I will ever get to hunt kenai penn. goats!

Quote Originally Posted by mountainhunter View Post
    Lost lake was open for about 30 seconds! Fish and game gave out 12 permits for lost lake. I logged on an 8:00 sharp, and it was not up yet. I went back 1 min later, and it was on the list. I filled out all the info, and by the time I was done and submitted it the 12 tag quota had already been filled. I don't think I will ever get to hunt kenai penn. goats!
    WOW. thats rough. Well I guess I can only hope that one of the guys I was looking to help was one of the 12.

Default who got one?

If anyone on here was lucky enough to get a tag I love to hike and carry heavy loads. I live in soldotna and have done a lot of goat watching and photography, but have yet to be luck enough to win a permit, or even tag along with someone who had one. Anyway PM me if you think you might need an extra set of legs.

I thought the goat reg permits were in person only? That is what I was told by F&G and is in the regs....

Good luck to anyone who got one.

I sure didn't get one. I was waiting on the refresh button, and Lost Lake was the last to come up. I got it into my cart, hit checkout, and that's as far as it went.
    I could grab one of the other permits and not use it. If you look at the hunt statistics, it appears that is what most everyone else does.

Wasn't about to to go stand in line for a "chance" of getting one of those tags, good luck to those that got one!

My brother was there at 0500 this morning; boss let him come in a little late. He got one for Lost Lake so it looks like I get to be pack mule next weekend if he doesn't score this weekend.

That online system for registration hunts sounds pretty hokey...I guess the hunt gods favor those with fast internet connections, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He got one for Lost Lake so it looks like I get to be pack mule next weekend if he doesn't score this weekend.
    The permits are only good for a week. If he doesn't get one this coming weekend, he'll have to get another permit next Wednesday if the quota isn't filled this week.

Luke - If I'm the one you were hoping to help, no dice. I decided I couldn't justify taking the day off to go get a permit. In hindsight maybe I should have, but it didn't happen. I forgot to check in at 8am, but it sounds like I wouldn't have been able to get one anyhow.

He's headed up this weekend and is going to backpack in from the Primrose Trail. We have access to two Mokais and we were thinking about using them to get across the lake to hunt from there, not sure if that would be worth it but it was something we'd considered.

And yeah, I told him if he doesn't get one in 7 days he needs to remember to reapply...if the quota is still open. I guess you just get back online when the buzzer sounds on your permit and reapply?

Where do you go to get a registration permit online? I was hoping to get one but checked all morning thinking it was in the news section! Somebody point me in the right direction? Nevermind, I found them, when do they announce them and how do I find out about them?
    Last edited by Mr. Grayling; 10-28-2009 at 13:12. Reason: spelling
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Default lost lake

I know of a person who was number 7 in line, he got there at 6am but they were only giving out 5 for lost lake (his boss was number 3 in line. ) My son called adf&g about 9 and they said that there were 20 people in line when then opened. good luck to those that got a permit

Default English Bay

Soldotna was much the same, people standing in line to get the Lost Lake or any other hunt that you can drive to. But I went in after English Bay and got lucky, no one else wanted them tags. So I will get my gutts beat out going around the corner and hope we can spot some from the boat that are accesable without the aid of a Helo and see what happens.

Default no more permits

Fish and game told me that they were not giving out anymore permits at the end of the 7 days, wether the quota was filled or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainhunter View Post
    Fish and game told me that they were not giving out anymore permits at the end of the 7 days, wether the quota was filled or not.
    Hmm, that's interesting to hear. I wonder what the justification is behind that decision.