Thread: 264 win mag loads

Default 264 win mag loads

I could use advise on loading for 264 win mag. I was told that jacketed bullets like partition don't hold up very well at high velosity.

Default Nosler

I've not heard that. However just e-mail Nosler or call their tech support and ask. They do more balistic research on their products than anyone and will give you the heads-up.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default good loads for .264

I have had good results with IMR 4831 and RL19 as far as powder goes. I have had equally good groups with Sierra PH 120gr bullets, Sierra GKBT 140gr bullets, Nosler Partition 140gr bullets, Nosler AccuBond 130gr, and Hornady 160gr RN. it shoots them all MOA out to 400 yds. It is a great round!
    CHAPS

Quote Originally Posted by t-storm View Post
    I could use advise on loading for 264 win mag. I was told that jacketed bullets like partition don't hold up very well at high velosity.
    Whoever told you that has something else they're trying to sell, or they're so sorely misinformed you need to suspect anything else that passes their lips. Ever.

The Nosler Partition has been THE bullet for the 264 virtually since they stamped the caliber on the first Model 70 barrel, especially the 140 grain. I'm not going to pass on the load I use because it was developed for the old surplus H-4831 and does not translate well to modern versions. But I'm guessing the round has found a new friend in RL19.

You've got a good one on your hands, in spite of the bad advice your source laid on your head.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Whoever told you that has something else they're trying to sell, or they're so sorely misinformed you need to suspect anything else that passes their lips. Ever.
    What he said!

thanx, that will get me started