Thread: Caribou fly-in

Default Caribou fly-in

Is it to late to do a Caribou fly in? Do any outfitters still fly after the snow comes? Not too sure what area im thinking. My friend just got back from overseas and was wanting to do a fly in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    JC
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Default too late

the general season hunts that are still open are far enough north that the transporters have shut down for the season. That and most of them sell out space several months ahead of season openers....

If you bow hunt there is the option of the haul road... that carries its own major issues with it though... plese do LOTS of homework and ask lots of questions before considering a haul road hunt in Oct-Nov...

you can look at some of the registration moose hunts in unit 20 this winter as an option??

Greg

Default Thanks..

..Greg. I kinda figured it was waaay too late but i told my buddy i would ask so i felt obligated. Definitely NOT going up the Haul Rd this time of the year.
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Default Antlers are starting to drop

I just got a report from a buddy that lives in Delta Junction, that some of the caribou bulls in the federal subsistence areas are starting to drop antlers. Don't know if you're horn hunting but that might affect your decision

Default Adak

Have you looked into Adak? I don't know the specifics, but I think that's a pretty doable hunt all the way through the end of the year. Don't have first-hand experience, so you'll have to do your own research. Expensive flight, yes, but not so bad if you do it on miles or the $50 companion fare. Have fun!

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

There is also Kodiak deer or an Afognak Elk hunt if you are looking at a fly in. Same as Adak you can use AK air miles to get down there cheap if you have em.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    There is also Kodiak deer or an Afognak Elk hunt if you are looking at a fly in. Same as Adak you can use AK air miles to get down there cheap if you have em.
    Kodiak caribou/deer combo sounds good right about now! South end of the island has caribou and a great pop of deer.

Eagle River, Alaska by way of Mobile, Alabama

Explain more about the registration moose hunt in unit 20.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKDREAMER View Post
    Explain more about the registration moose hunt in unit 20.

mosse registration hunt in unit 20A ... open up the book it will explain it all

how ever it has yet to be approved this year though sounds like it will... it is an ANTLERLESS hunt and a very long way from any road
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here