Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks guys its been fun!

Default Thanks guys its been fun!

There comes a time when hard choices have to be made. As much as I love my guns I can't place them above human life. My daughter and son-in-law are missionaries and live on less than most. There is a certain 2 and 1/2 year old little boy that means the world to them. His future is hanging in limbo right now. I love to sit in my lazy boy and fondle my guns but it pales in comparison to the thought of sitting there and looking into the big brown eyes of my youngest grandson and watch him doze off into la-la land as I read to him. I have not yet got to do that!

Folks.....I have sold most of my guns and will never miss them. Yup the 41 mag is gone,the Kimber 45 is gone, the Dan Wesson "Pointman 7" is gone the shooter version Elmer Keith 44 commemorative is gone, a couple of like new late 70's vintage Ruger 77's are gone. The room in the basement that was called the "Stuff" room is empty. The guns that were in that room were just stuff with no meaning. There was everything in there from old dies and other reloading accessories to archery stuff galore. Its all gone.

My daughter sold her almost new Mountaineer and bought an 03 Caravan with 100,000 miles. My son-in law sold his H&K 40 and rifles. He sold his vintage Harley and his Mean Streak and did so without hesitation.

This is starting to sound like a sob story so I want to be quick to inform you that its not. Its not a plea for sympathy or handouts. What it is is a fact of life.

So many people have come forward and so many sacrifices have been made that the needed funds are now in place to accomplish what needs to be accomplished for now. We are all thankful for that! In anticipation of more funds being needed down the road old EKC has decided to turn off the satalite dish and the computer service now costing a combined $125/month. Ole EKC has even come out of retirement and landed a job. Yes sir...a certified maintenance man at a grade school. I'll be tellin all those young ens that it is indeed ok to shoot animals and fry em up (I will too...they may fire me but they ain't changing me).

All is well....I still have my 243, my 270, a couple of 22's, my deer killing muzzleloader, my slug gun and the gun that has hung on my side since they first came out...my Glock 22 40 S&W. Yup its the only hand gun I have left and in a month or so its going deer hunting. I've always wanted to put a 180 grainer through the boiler room on a big ole doe with that gun anyway and now it's gonna happen.

No computer means no Alaskan Shooting Forum. I used to use the one at the library some but some of the gang used to hang out in there. Since some of them are much more computer literate than me, there ended up being more than one EKC and I can put my foot in my mouth often enough without someone else's help! Who knows maybe they will get me a computer at the school and I can keep learning from ya'all...on my own time of course...we'll see. So until then.....keep shooting whatever needs shooting and keep arguing about whats best to shoot em with.

As for you MR....a 222 won't shoot through a downpour. Hows that for getting in the last word! I'm smiling!

Would one of you moderators please close down my account....thanks!

Good luck to ya!

I pray God's peace and blessings upon you and your family. Perhaps we'll be able to hear from EKC in this place sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    I pray God's peace and blessings upon you and your family. Perhaps we'll be able to hear from EKC in this place sometime in the future.
    +1

All the best!

Brett

Sad to see ya go but I do understand. Take care you old cuss!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

EKC thankyou for your occasional post on my threads, appreciated your input. Take care and God bless you and your family.

Smile I understand....

Life is full of choices. My guns are close and 3 Grandkids are 100 yards away. I would get rid of all the guns for them kids if I had to. God Bless and best wishes.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

EKC i truly enjoyed your postings and insight into much of this shooting forum...

thanks...

Vince

How well do we really need to know a person to know they will be missed?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Sounds like you had a difficult decision to make....and it sounds like you make the right decision. Good luck.

Best wishes to you and your family, EKC. I've liked how you handled yourself around here, sir.

Doc

Default See you when you return...

I missed anything you might have posted about your grandson prior to this post, but you and your family are in my prayers. Take care of the little guy, and I'll be looking for you to return when finances permit.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

My family and I thank you for the wonderful gift that you gave to all of us.
    Thank you;
    Dana
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I appreciate how you've kept your priorities straight. You're a good example to all of us. Thanks, and God's blessings on you!

Terry

Take care EKC, hope everything goes well for you and yours down the road. You will be missed friend.

Best wishes & down river --- to add a little Elmer K... Hell, YOU where here!

Default Your actions are wise

EKC,
    Your actions in supporting your family are not only wise but they demonstrate how all men should live this life. No "thing" should ever deter a real man from taking care of his family. No gun, no bow, no car, no "Thing". A real man makes these sorts of hard decisions, comes out of retirement and sheds what is immaterial for what is eternal. YOU ARE A REAL MAN!!!! God is pleased with your choice!
    Thank you for your example. May we all immulate your behavior.

With the utmost respect,
    CHAPS

EKC,

You're a man of great integrity and selflessness. You will be missed here. My prayers will be with you and your family and grandson. Things are just things and we cant take them with us. They'll all rot, rust or burn at some point. Glad you could keep a couple and hope someday you can make it out to Montana to maybe shoot a couple of speed goats or prairie dogs and I've always got an extra rifle. Prairie dogs aren't too bad if you put enough BBQ sauce on them

As for shooting a 222 through the rain... never tried it... but I've heard that the 300 WSM will do it just fine to well past a 1000 yds, even if the ole aught six comes up a little short

Hope you can find a way to tune in sometime so maybe you dont need to close your account eh.

Take care my friend, we'll see ya someday

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Hope you can find a way to tune in sometime so maybe you dont need to close your account eh.
    Yeah, you work at a school now. I hear they have computers there these days...

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default EKC,

Your integrity and honor have poored through all of your posts that I have read. Even more so on this one.

To answer Vince's question,
    How well do we really need to know a person to know they will be missed?

I think those of us on this forum know you well enough.

It's been good reading and learning from your posts. You and your family are in our prayers.

Ralph

You will be missed EKC! As for the account here just jot down the password in a safe place somewhere and we will all still be here when things settle down. No regrets on the hard choices, it is those decisions that make the man and you are doing what is right.

Prayers sent for the little guy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast