Thread: GPS RAM mounting on a wheeler

Default GPS RAM mounting on a wheeler

I'm getting ready to install a RAM mount on my 450 Grizz, I'm just trying to determine the best way. I like to avoid drilling holes in the plastic etc, for the resale factor.

So, I'm leaning toward a rack mount, or a handlebar mount, but there's not much room on the handlebars.

Does anyone have any pictures of their set up?

I have the handlebar setup on my polaris, it has worked great for about 8 yrs. now. I don't have a pic handy, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanSD View Post
    I'm getting ready to install a RAM mount on my 450 Grizz, I'm just trying to determine the best way. I like to avoid drilling holes in the plastic etc, for the resale factor.

So, I'm leaning toward a rack mount, or a handlebar mount, but there's not much room on the handlebars.

Does anyone have any pictures of their set up?
    Mine is on the handlebars, left hand side. It's a RAM mount for a Delorme.

This picture shows it, but it's not a closeup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Thanks Dee - I ended up going the handlebar mount route as well. I didn't want to drill into any plastics, etc...

By the way, nice wheels. I wanted those, but Anchorage Yamaha only received the solid black SS212's.

Default Rack Mounted

I have a 450 Grizz and I mounted mine on the front rack, centered in front of the display on the rack. It really is nice there when nothing is strapped to the rack and makes for a quick reference while riding; however, it is definitely in the way when I start to strap things to the front rack. I have thought about moving it but have not done it yet. I will try other areas to experiment with while carrying a load on the front.

I mounted my GPS on the left handle bar of my griz. The only downside is it stuck above everything else so when I rolled it the GPS was the first thing to fly free of the tumbling wheeler. Other than that it worked great.

Get a RAM mount. They work very well. Have one on the Rhino, and the grizz.