Thread: Bear hunting Mag

Default Bear hunting Mag

I got a Bear Hunter magazine in the mail today so I figured I would give it a glance and check it out. The story that catches my eye is Brownie at ten yards. The story gives the guides first name and the lodge name. One of the two out of state hunters legs start cramping while up on the mountain with his partner and guild. He tells the guide to go on with out him and just take his buddy hunting and he will meet them at camp. Well the guide and client take off and this fellow glasses for bears awhile and takes a nap. He wakes up and its fogged in on the mountain. He tries to find camp but doesn't etc and ends up sleeping between a couple of boulders. The bear wakes him up and he shouts and stays awake the rest of the night keeping the bear away. The next day he kinda finds camp and his partner and guide help him in and the day after they shoot the bear. Question as a guide or lodge owner would you want this story in a national magazine.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I got a Bear Hunter magazine in the mail today so I figured I would give it a glance and check it out. The story that catches my eye is Brownie at ten yards. The story gives the guides first name and the lodge name. One of the two out of state hunters legs start cramping while up on the mountain with his partner and guild. He tells the guide to go on with out him and just take his buddy hunting and he will meet them at camp. Well the guide and client take off and this fellow glasses for bears awhile and takes a nap. He wakes up and its fogged in on the mountain. He tries to find camp but doesn't etc and ends up sleeping between a couple of boulders. The bear wakes him up and he shouts and stays awake the rest of the night keeping the bear away. The next day he kinda finds camp and his partner and guide help him in and the day after they shoot the bear. Question as a guide or lodge owner would you want this story in a national magazine.

depends will...

you selling to me in Fairbanks ... or Mr. California that has never been here, or anywhare for that matter that uses.. bear hunting mag, in place of little blue pills?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'm haveing trouble with the guide leaveing a non res to hunt brown bear on his own and then not finding him before going to bed that night. If the bear would have mauled the man the paper would of said unguided out of state brown bear hunted mauled. What could the guide say. I guessing he might be messing his britches right now hopeing no one notices. The mag sucks by the way and is of very little use at least in Alaska

I'm haveing trouble with the guide leaveing a non res to hunt brown bear on his own and then not finding him before going to bed that night. If the bear would have mauled the man the paper would of said unguided out of state brown bear hunted mauled. What could the guide say. I guessing he might be messing his britches right now hopeing no one notices. The mag sucks by the way and is of very little use at least in Alaska
    I received the mag a couple of years ago and didn't renew the subscription after the 1st year, I agreed with you assessment.

Default Leaving Non-res hunters unattended

Someone told me this story that happened many years ago ( i think he told me early eighties), don't know if its true, I tried to google it but can't find anything. probably just a made up story, maybe you all might have heard it....

Anyway, a Non-resident Sheephunter (with a Griz tag) was hunting up in the Brooks Range, and after bagging his ram he and his guide set out for bear. long story short... the hunter mistakenly shot a musk ox thinking it was a bear, the guide was not with him, he was sleeping or something. anyone here heard of this story??? I'd like to read the article and the outcome of it.

It has taken me a week to calm down enough to respond. Should never have happened. More than gross negligence on the part of the guide, and that is assuming only about one tenth of the account is accurate.
    Joe (Ak)

Quote Originally Posted by wantj43 View Post
    It has taken me a week to calm down enough to respond. Should never have happened. More than gross negligence on the part of the guide, and that is assuming only about one tenth of the account is accurate.
    Joe (Ak)
    I agree 100% Joe and wonder if anyone on the giide board has read the story. Here is part of it
    http://www.bear-hunting.com/issue.cfm

When the tables turn story.Woodsman Lodge,guide Davis

I agree 100% Joe and wonder if anyone on the giide board has read the story. Here is part of it

Just read another account where the guide would sometimes have to go a quarter of a mile to find his client so he could give his lunch. Little wonder as an industry we have some of the problems we do.
    Joe (Ak)

Thanks - could only read part? of the story. Unless the client did something illegal or filed a complaint, doubt anything could be done.
    Thank again.
    Joe (Ak)