Thread: Should I pack my decoys?

Default Should I pack my decoys?

I'll be driving back to Anchorage, arriving mid november or so, and I'm wondering if I should throw the decoys in the back of the truck or let the movers take them (in which case they won't get there until late Nov/early Dec)?

I'd like to do a little duck hunting now that I'll be home for good. Any birds still flying that time of year?

Default maybe

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'll be driving back to Anchorage, arriving mid november or so, and I'm wondering if I should throw the decoys in the back of the truck or let the movers take them (in which case they won't get there until late Nov/early Dec)?

I'd like to do a little duck hunting now that I'll be home for good. Any birds still flying that time of year?
    I can say without doubt, "Maybe". I've hunted ducks up to the close in December and I've been done as early as 3rd week of October. All depends on the weather and you won't know until it gets here.

Default small amount

bring a half dozen and put the rest on the moving truck.

Me thinks that it is going to freeze up real soon. Traveled some country up north last weekend and saw zero ducks - most ponds are froze. Was 10f on sunday morning up there.

Default a little help from the Moderators, please.

seems we have an advertisement

Default Emrdux...

there's a lil IMPORTANT symbol in the upper right hand corner of the post...just click on that & follow the instructions...