Thread: bear gun carry

Default bear gun carry

If you carry a long gun (shotgun, guide gun, whatever) for protection vs bears, how do you carry it when on foot ? Any particular slings (or whatever) particularly good for easy carry + easy deployment ?

thanks

If I am in the tall brush and something seems odd, I carry mine at port arms or patrol ready, until I get into a place of better visibility.
    I also use a tac-sling so whatever long gun I am using hangs across my chest slightly muzzle down.

I personally believe that big browns can read minds from a pretty fair distance. They know when you are armed to the teeth and ready to rock...They leave me alone and I leave them alone.

I use the Kifaru rifle system. The pack carries the weight and it is faster to bring the firearm into service than any other carry implement I have used. I can even cary my Sharps this way. Jim

I carry mine slung muzzle down from my left shoulder. I can grab the forearm with my left hand and swing it around into battery very quickly this way.

thanks, that gives me some good ideas. I figured no reason to reinvent the wheel
    -and floatpilot - if you are right I should have no problems . Being prepared is always a good thing!