Thread: Fairbanks Cow Hunt

Cool Fairbanks Cow Hunt

So this is kind of a Small game/ Big Game thread but oh well..
    So my Aunt Huntress and Uncle Alaskantrapper invited me to Fairbanks in an attempt to fill a cow tag. Well the results were... NO MOOSE In FAIRBANKS well it seems that way we drove forever and walked about 16 miles total and what we ended up with was 1 Hare and did not see a single moose. And on the way back from Fairbanks on that long ride spotted HUNDREDS of Hare so my uncle Alaskantrapper got 10 and I got 9 and we had to call it a day because I had a not so happy mother in Wasilla that was a little bit angry that I was 2 hours late. But she did not mind after I told her what a good time I had hunting bunnies and what a good time I had away from the house.

Fishonaustyn
    Early to bed
    Early to Rise
    Fish all day
    Make up lies

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Hey Autin good to meet you in person...

you know i called AuntiHuntress this moring..

2 cows Right were i told them to park it.. this morning on the way to the office...

tell unk, he needs 3 days to find a cow,, not 1.5 see ya soon

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up

Austyn,
    Have you heard the term "Low Bush Moose"? Well that is what hare's are.
    Dang, I wish you had gotten one of the High Bush Moose, but you were successful none the less. The best days are those spent afield, with family and friends it is even more special.
    Good Hunting
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Hey Autin good to meet you in person...

you know i called AuntiHuntress this moring..

2 cows Right were i told them to park it.. this morning on the way to the office...

tell unk, he needs 3 days to find a cow,, not 1.5 see ya soon

Vince

went to the area you told me about and hunted the area for five hours didn't see anything but some fox tracks and ravens

will try for another trip next time home

Had a blast with Austyn he is such a mature and responsible/ethical hunter for a young man (13) and I think he forgot to mention his uncle saved his ***** when the .22 ammo appeared from my stash.

This story just isn't complete without a photo of my two favorite "boys" in the world.....It was a pleasure having you along Austyn!~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    This story just isn't complete without a photo of my two favorite "boys" in the world.....It was a pleasure having you along Austyn!~

NOW DEB... i dont want no complaining about all those grey hares they gave you this trip either
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    NOW DEB... i dont want no complaining about all those grey hares they gave you this trip either
    Yea, we won't go THERE
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default Good eatin

Great job on the hares. Don't know if they are like the cottontails we have here in the midwest, but if they are, you have some good eatin to be had. My dad always said "the front leg on a rabbit is the best eatin God put on the earth. Not much there, but it sure is good." Great photo and enjoy your harvest!!