Thread: Crossing over...FOB

Default Crossing over...FOB

So I want to get the best drop away rest that works with FOBs. I have never used the FOBs or a good dropaway so im needing all the usefull info I can get. I shoot the Bowtech tribute, 70# draw. Thanks

I thought I had seen something in the past on dropaways that work good with the FOBs, can't find it?
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

I just made the switch and bought Limbsavers drop away rest. So far so good. There may be others that work. I've heard of good results with the G5 drop away too. Starflights web sight has good info as well and the owner is MORE than willing to answer questions.

Good luck

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Swing by Wiggys and talk to taylor... he will hold your hand and wipe the sweat from your brow as you make the transition, then sell you some gaudy color to off set your new rigging
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Besides talking with Marc, I would suggest calling or emailing Paul Morris directly at Starrflight. He will talk you through all you need to know and what works best.

I used to shoot a TR Drop Zone and now shoot one of the new Mathews rests. I have seen most of the common drop a ways used, from limb drivers to trophy takers..they all work with a little tweaking here and there.

Check out the starrflight website as well and the forums there. There are actually different threads for different rests and how to set them up.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    Besides talking with Marc, I would suggest calling or emailing Paul Morris directly at Starrflight. He will talk you through all you need to know and what works best.

I used to shoot a TR Drop Zone and now shoot one of the new Mathews rests. I have seen most of the common drop a ways used, from limb drivers to trophy takers..they all work with a little tweaking here and there.

Check out the starrflight website as well and the forums there. There are actually different threads for different rests and how to set them up.

i agree call Paul too.. Heck i bet I chatted elk hunting with him for over an hour after we trouble shot my issues... nice guy...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'm stuck on my Limbdriver. I don't usually suggest or recommend something that I don't use, and there are many rests that work wonderfully with FOBs. Give Paul a call. It will be worth your time and it'll get done right.

Taylor

-[]------->

Welcome to the dark side and FOBNation.

Default Thanks

Thank you all for the insight and advice.
    Bob

What did you do, Bob?

Taylor

-[]------->

Default Welll...

I ordered the QAD Ultra-Rest HD Pro Series a couple nights ago. The reviews seem to be great overall. I do like the limbdriver however with all the crawling I do I wanted something that would contain my arrow while my attention is else ware. I really hope I'm not disappointed!
    Bob

Thumbs up

I used to shoot a QAD and I liked it just fine. Make sure to switch to the TL-1 Launcher as soon as you open it up. Also, serve the cord to your down bus and throw out the plastic and screw fastner. Too clunky.

Good choice!

Taylor

-[]------->

Default OK

Will do, Thanks for the info Mark
    Bob