Thread: Amsoil

Cool Amsoil

Anyone know of a local AMSOIL dealer that has good prices? Going to give it a try this year in my RMK and Powder Special?????

You might check with Inlet Petroleum down by the port. They had some great deals on 2-stroke oil by the case this summer (6 gallons for $38!) which I used in my boat. They carry just about everything and if they don't have it in stock they can usually order it for you.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Frank Holt in Palmer carries it as well. He's on the Glenn Hwy about 1 mile out of town going toward Sutton. On the left of the road. He usually has several u-hauls our front.

For what it's worth.....
    I've used Torco for the past few years with great success. Last year I tried Amsoil Interceptor and my Pro-X's power valves started weeping and coked up very quickly. I cleaned them up, switched back to Torco, and the power valve problems disappeared. I know other guys who prefer Amsoil. Go figure.

I'm trying to find a product that works good on both types of machines, 98 Powder Special and 03 RMK 800 which needs special oil for the VES. The Polaris VES Gold is $36 a gallon, I haven't checked on the TORCO for price. The different forums recommend anything from Polaris VES, AMSOIL, KLOTZ and TORCO.

Get the code for the oil off the jug (or bring the jug in) and take it to Inlet Petroleum. They can look it up and cross match it for you and probably find a cheaper alternative for the same oil in a different jug (Polaris is awful proud of their stuff!).
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Thanks AKmud!

Inlet has a full synthetic product called Injex Pro made specifically for snowmachines with VES. You have to buy it by the case but its one %$#$ of a better price then Polaris VES Gold!!!!!

Default Good deal!

Maybe we will have enough snow this year to go through a case or two!
    AKmud