Thread: Alpenglow Ski Area Emergency Meeting

Exclamation Alpenglow Ski Area Emergency Meeting

It seems there is a possibility that the Arctic Valley Ski Area, Alpenglow, might not be operating this season due to financial constraints. The Anchorage ski club is holding an emergency meeting at the Kincaid Chalet at 6:00 on Wednesday the 28th. Please show up to see the plan, voice opinions, and become members of the ski are. Here is a link to the meeting page: http://www.skiarctic.net/

Thanks for posting this, Ben. I work with the head patroller up there, so I'll talk to him today and see what's going on from his perspective. I don't ski there much anymore, but I grew up skiing Alpenglow so it's an important area to me.

Disappointing in a way I agree, I used to board there from time to time but honestly they rarely had decent snow. It was always crusty, hard and windy. I remember riding the lift up one day and watching the empty chair 3 in front of us get driven into the supporting pole from one of the monster gusts that are common up there!
    In short yeah it sucks but unless they have made major improvements since the late 90's it has been a long slow death for that place...

What is really too bad is that we can't find another area in the Eagle river or Valley area that has great snow to actually build a new quality resort. Notice I stipulated "has great snow" which pretty much kills the Hatcher pass project...