Thread: Guides with horse..recommendations

Default Guides with horse..recommendations

I have a non-resident friend interested in hunting grizzly bear/moose. He's looking for a good quality guide that uses horses. If anyone has anybody they can recommend post them here or PM. Thanks.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I have a non-resident friend interested in hunting grizzly bear/moose. He's looking for a good quality guide that uses horses. If anyone has anybody they can recommend post them here or PM. Thanks.
    Sounds like a Terry Overly request? http://pioneeroutfitters.com/

Default second

the Terry Overly suggestion.

Default horse guide/outfitters

Several years ago Guide/Outfitter Kirk Ellis also used horses. Kirk Ellis has federal concessions adjacent to Overly. You might also look into Ellis for horseback bear and moose hunts.

Many of the guide/outfitters who previously used horses stopped using them about four years ago. At that time there was a giant increase in guide/outfitter insurance for those that used horses.

Dennis

The Ellis's have gotten a couple recommendations by P.M. I've also passed their names to my friend.

My friend and I hunted together back in 2006 and he was in his early 60's then. He's looking at horses as a way to be more mobile while hunting since he's getting older. Frankly, I don't think he needs them he was more than mobile enough 3 years ago and kept up just fine.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem