Thread: A&P looking for a job.

Talking A&P looking for a job.

Hey all,
    I am an A&P Mechanic (or Aviation Maintenance Technician, if you get fancy about it) for an airline that is in the process of getting rid of aircraft and about to start shutting down bases (whether they want to admit it or not). I have been working on Saab's SF340 B+ twin engine turboprop. I was wondering if anyone knew of any jobs in AK for an A&P. I know that there is a TON of aviation opportunities in AK and have always wanted to visit/live there to experience the hunting, fishing, and record-breaking heat! I currently live in WI, thanks to my wife and her parents being too close. I am originally from Midland, TX, so I figure if I'm gonna freeze my ass off, I may as well do it in the biggest state in the U.S. as opposed to WI! If anyone know of anything or anyone, please let me know. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!
    Chance

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default My thoughts

Chance,

If your wife's parents are that close and that much a part of her life then stay in the L48. I'm an A&P and I have several friends who are looking for work (also A&P's). In my opinion the downturn is strating to hit us. You could try Pen Air, Lynden, Era, Everts, Little Ace, etc. If you are willing to move to Fairbanks I think I saw an opportunity up there but it's freakin COLDer there. For jobs in the L48 try Goodrich Aerospace, Dyncorp, SMART, and other places that do inspections/maintenance for the airlines.

Ak is cold and dark in the winter & awesome in the summer. make sure the wife is up for the trip north. It's expensive to move back and forth.

My .02

I think Penair has Saabs might check there. Seems like there is always opportunity in AK for A&P's. You can make a descent living at it.

Thumbs up Lynden..

i dont know about the other outfits, but i do know that lynden has had several ads in the papers looking for a&p for c-130's over the last year or so. dont know about lynden air but i do work for a sister company (or should i say a company that is owned by lynden) and they treat their people like gold! great company to work for IMHO!!

heck, for that matter, anyone know of a good a&p to do a prebuy annual on a pa-12 around lake hood? local mechanics? good, bad???
    (i am not trying to hijack this thread.... please pm me to keep this thread going if you like. thanks.)
    greg