Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Feds and AFN to Affect All Alaskans for a Select Few

  1. #1
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default Feds and AFN to Affect All Alaskans for a Select Few

    Feds and AFN seek to "Reshape" Hunting and fishing in Alaska. And the gate is open and here we go:

    http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/rural/story/984677.html

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default Is Begich Friend or foe for All Alaskans?


    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  3. #3

    Angry

    Begich, Murk and Young are all prepared to jump on the bandwagon with the AFN. Don't know why and don't care, none of them get my support in any way.

    What they really can't grasp is the fact that their leadership and devicive politics lead to pitting Alaskan's against Alaskan's. They don't get it, that it is only reasonable and predictable that you, I and all others hold great contempt and hatred toward individuals or select groups that get special priveleges. They possess the power to unite citizens and yet instead, choose instead to widen the rift between social classes. Instead of Two Social Classes of Alaskan's, now we are going to have Three, Urban, Rural, Native.

    Although most don't recognize my attitude and stance on this subect, in my posts here, because of my "centrist" writings, be sure that I am 100% opposed to the politicians that sell us short. I also hold much distain and contempt for those individuals that take advantage of the system that allows it. These individuals/groups have maligned and disoriented moral compass and will use every advantage to their benefit in all aspects of our society.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Consider that urban is a fairly new group to Alaska. Through out much of the lower 48 urban look down on rural as being backward. In Alaska its take your urban ideas back to where you came from.

  5. #5

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Consider that urban is a fairly new group to Alaska. Through out much of the lower 48 urban look down on rural as being backward. In Alaska its take your urban ideas back to where you came from.
    Good to see the "disdain" isn't held exclusively by one social class of Alaskan's.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    2 mi east of 'Halfmoon creek"
    Posts
    831

    Default

    That and a little more, ....

    http://gopetition.com/online/31499.html
    __________________________________________________ _________________

    This was discussed long ago, but dismissed as never happening,
    can't remember the details, or exactly where or when,
    However, I do remember reading about it.

  7. #7

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by DEDWUF View Post
    That and a little more, ....

    http://gopetition.com/online/31499.html
    __________________________________________________ _________________

    This was discussed long ago, but dismissed as never happening,
    can't remember the details, or exactly where or when,
    However, I do remember reading about it.
    Actually, a very close friend of mine (even though we have philisophical differences) is involved in this petition, as one of it's creators. It was Begich that instituted it and his staff helped prepare it. He told the group, that he needed this type of "ammo" to forward his agenda. It is not the Native's fault, in this one instance, they are being led along, by the nose.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  8. #8
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEDWUF View Post
    That and a little more, ....

    http://gopetition.com/online/31499.html
    __________________________________________________ _________________

    This was discussed long ago, but dismissed as never happening,
    can't remember the details, or exactly where or when,
    However, I do remember reading about it.

    Isn't this interesting. hey I signed the petition with this:

    I do not support Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA), in ANY FORM. ALL Alaskans are equal and should not be discriminated against based on where they live, rural, urban, native or non-native.

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    2 mi east of 'Halfmoon creek"
    Posts
    831

    Wink

    As long as ANSCA is 'unsettled', the 20 year program concerning taxation of Native corp lands will never begin............IMO

  10. #10
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKBassking View Post
    Isn't this interesting. hey I signed the petition with this:

    I do not support Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA), in ANY FORM. ALL Alaskans are equal and should not be discriminated against based on where they live, rural, urban, native or non-native.

    Bass king is in BIG LAKE? what else do you have to qualify your statements?

    how long have you lived here?

    what other parts of AK have you live in?

    how much time do you spend in Rural Alaska?

    Did you know that according to the federal maps?.. Big lake Alaska is


    RURAL.....??

    dont get me wrong.

    i understand your sentiments and statements just fine i just like to know who they are coming from and that you are not only qualified but experienced enough to make them..


    WHY shouldn't folks in Kotz have first dibs at the bou?

    who is getting a better deal then you? and how much time have you spent in that area...?

    in contrast... what did you spend in fuel last year to go hunting and how much did you spend at fat boys, shop rite, Carr's/safe way Fredmeyer. or Walmart grocery?

    is this sentiment due to a local tag you would like or one that is across AK that you have not had the opportunity to draw? or feel you should not have to draw? i have found that this sentiment is far and wide and would like to have a basis behind the exact end of it....

    WHAT is some one else getting that you are not ? in full value


    I don't mean to single you out this is for discussion as you started the conversation
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    2 mi east of 'Halfmoon creek"
    Posts
    831

    Question

    Akres,
    by 'long ago' I meant 15-16 yrs ago.

    Who knows, even IF this petition is 're-negotiated', and 'favorable' to this 'generation'
    what are the chances the 'next' generation is dissatisfied also??

  12. #12

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by DEDWUF View Post
    Akres,
    by 'long ago' I meant 15-16 yrs ago.

    Who knows, even IF this petition is 're-negotiated', and 'favorable' to this 'generation'
    what are the chances the 'next' generation is dissatisfied also??
    I gathered the time frame.

    I think it will be revisited with each and every generation to come. People are never satisfied, especially those that have been given something all their lives. They worry more about what they don't have, than taking care of what they do have, because they know there is always more out there and they didn't have to earn it in the first place. They treasure nothing and want everything.

    A little more on the petition: A daughter of one of the professor's (friend eariler mentioned) at UAF got on as an intern with Begich. Within a few weeks, she was put on the payroll as a staffer. She is the one that worked with Begich in getting the ball rolling, again, on this one. They know that NOW is the right time for them to make their move. The whole thing is Politically Instigated and did not come from those collecting the signatures. It stinks to high heaven but most of this stuff happens under our radar and we rarely find out the details, only the consequences.

    As long as there are Liberals among us, this is the type of trash every generation will have to tolerate.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    2 mi east of 'Halfmoon creek"
    Posts
    831

    Question

    Makes me wonder how the 'Elders' must feel about their past accomplishments?

  14. #14

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by DEDWUF View Post
    Makes me wonder how the 'Elders' must feel about their past accomplishments?
    To tell you the truth, I honestly don't think they even realize how they were played like pawns. They were pumped up, primed and turned loose to do other's bidding. It is obvious to most today, as evidenced by what we see in their inability to function in our society. Billions of dollars earned and squandered/syphoned off and yet at the AFN this year they were testifying in droves, that they were living under Third World Conditions. They don't even ask where the money went? It is above them. That social experiment sure didn't work. I have no reason to believe the next one will yeild a different result. Rather sad in many ways, but the only generation I can sympathize with is the one that hasn't been born yet and will inherit this mess.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  15. #15
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Like I've said before if America had just followed what they said they would do in the contract to purchase Alaska all of this would be moot.

  16. #16

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Like I've said before if America had just followed what they said they would do in the contract to purchase Alaska all of this would be moot.
    And if the US and Alaska would follow their Constitutions the same would be true, but we all know or should by now, that none of these are etched in stone, they are simply scraps of paper, that serve only to amuse us from time to time. And offer some glimpse as to how it coulda/shoulda been.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  17. #17
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Yep kinda like our dollar bill

  18. #18
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Smile My View

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Bass king is in BIG LAKE? what else do you have to qualify your statements?

    how long have you lived here?
    Since 1981

    [/QUOTE] what other parts of AK have you live in?[/QUOTE]

    Does it matter? I have lived in Anchorage, Moose Pass and a short stay in Bethel, King Salmon and Galena.

    [/QUOTE] how much time do you spend in Rural Alaska?[/QUOTE]

    A moot question. I choose to live where I choose.

    [/QUOTE]Did you know that according to the federal maps?.. Big lake Alaska is


    RURAL.....??[/QUOTE]

    That is why I am against special preferance based on race and where you live. I believe ALL Alaskans are subsistance users.

    [/QUOTE]dont get me wrong.

    i understand your sentiments and statements just fine i just like to know who they are coming from and that you are not only qualified but experienced enough to make them..


    WHY shouldn't folks in Kotz have first dibs at the bou?[/QUOTE]

    In times of shortage I would agree. However, I as an Alaskan have every right to go to NorthWestern Alaska to get my bous too. All fish and game belong to ALL residents of Alaska as stated in our Constitution, Article 8.

    [/QUOTE]who is getting a better deal then you? and how much time have you spent in that area...?[/QUOTE]

    Again another moot question, as far as I am concerned, because access to the resourse should not be based on race or where you live.

    [/QUOTE]in contrast... what did you spend in fuel last year to go hunting and how much did you spend at fat boys, shop rite, Carr's/safe way Fredmeyer. or Walmart grocery?[/QUOTE]

    See above.

    [/QUOTE]is this sentiment due to a local tag you would like or one that is across AK that you have not had the opportunity to draw? or feel you should not have to draw? i have found that this sentiment is far and wide and would like to have a basis behind the exact end of it....[/QUOTE]

    My sentiment is that ALL Alaskans own the resource and we as a state have not done a very good job of keeping the Feds out. I believe President Carter betrayed ALL Alaskans by invoking the Antiquities Act to steal lands from the residents of Alaska and in violation of our Constitution. Then Congress in an attempt to "correct" the wrongs against the L48 Indian nations enacted ANILCA. Congress has forgotten that Alaska became a state in 1959 and they approved our State Constitution. With the enactment of ANILCA, our Constitution became as worthless as the paper it was printed on. Again if there is a shortage, then the local residents should have the first dibs, but it needs to be regulated by ADFG and science.

    [/QUOTE]WHAT is some one else getting that you are not ? in full value[/QUOTE]

    Access and the opportunty to hunt and fish to provide for my family as I see fit. Why am I forced to buy my food from Carrs/Safeway when my family prefer wild game. Nome/Kotz and others they all have grocery stores, why not force those residents to buy from the store instead of gathering their own?

    I believe the Native community is doing itself a disservice here by pitting Alaskans against Alaskans. I believe we are ALL Alaskans regardless of where you live. We are part of the United States of America. That is the reality of the facts. The Native community, by insisting they be treated differently based on their race as.....let's see...it's called discrimination.

    Just my $.02

    [/QUOTE]I don't mean to single you out this is for discussion as you started the conversation[/QUOTE]

    That I did and as is tradition in this great country debate is a healthy part of our democracy....opps our representational government.

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  19. #19
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marshall
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Last I looked...

    ANILCA isn't based on race one bit...

  20. #20

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    ANILCA isn't based on race one bit...
    Exactly. That is why the AFN wants the entire gamut rewritten and are petitioning Congress to do so. Meanwhile they are content with the Subistence Czar to write rules in the Fed Sub Regs that give Natives Preferential Status as was promised to them by Ken Salazar, as he spoke on behalf of BHO to the AFN. They want the term Rural stricken from all documents associated with Fed Rule Books. This is what was decided on at the convention. I am suprised your local Rep from Marshall has not aprised you of the outcome of the convention.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •