Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Another how big the moose is ?

  1. #1
    Member AKFishOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle River (Home!)
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Another how big the moose is ?

    I don't know but I would be interested to hear what people think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    71

    Default

    I am going to say about 42". Of course I am a total noob and have only judged pictures. I am kinda curious how close I am.

  3. #3
    Member Bearclaw67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    329

    Default

    59" is my un-educated guess.
    Paul

  4. #4
    Member northriver21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    554

    Default

    I would put that one in the 53"-55" range

  5. #5
    Member mainer_in_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    49"-52"

    would be my closest guess using the average of three different methods of reference.

  6. #6

    Default

    50" to 53"
    there is my guess

  7. #7

    Default

    I estimate 56-58". A shooter no doubt.

  8. #8

    Default

    55" would be my guess.

  9. #9
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Im thinking 50

  10. #10
    Member AKFishOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle River (Home!)
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Another Angle

    Different Angle on the moose.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    52-54" The additional angle doesn't help the guess but great pictures.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,036

    Smile

    I'd say 53"-54" ish...

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    54

    Default Nice moose

    I'd say 56-58"

  14. #14
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    51-53... ears are 24" average across tip - tip. i get ~2 1/4 ear leangths...

    young guy with single x2 brow tine looks like. he will get nice next year
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  15. #15
    Member B-radford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    i would say if hes over 50", its not by much.

  16. #16
    Member sheep man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    wasilla, gods country
    Posts
    527

    Default

    49'' too 52''
    I ♥ Big Sheep

  17. #17

    Default

    43" to 45". Young moose with good spread for his age.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    1,098

    Default I'm guessing

    My best guess would be 54".

    As side question, I've heard that you can estimate 9" between the bases. I don't do a lot of moose hunting, and here in SE trying to find one over 50" isn't really worth hoping for so I end up counting browtines or points. Would the distance between the bases be a good starting point? Seems like that would vary from moose to moose.

  19. #19
    Member bnkwnto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eagle River Alaska, United States,
    Posts
    540

    Default 51" or so. Here's another powerline pass bull to guess

    Take a guess at this one. I thought it was the same moose at first but I don't think it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #20

    Default

    That's not the same moose, his antlers go alomst straight up where the other one tends to bend outward. I'd put this one at roughly 42".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •