Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being reissued last years permits!! THANKS

Default Being reissued last years permits!! THANKS

Well I have been home for a few now, and would like to sit here and write a short note to those that helped with the reissue of extended Soldiers draw permits.

If I read every thing correctly, myself and 12 other Soldiers from the 172nd SBCT here in AK will be reissued tags that we drew for this years hunting seasons and were unable to use dew to our extension in Iraq.

First I must say that I am very excited about that. But there was a lot of hard work and dedication involved from so many people. My wife for one was very dilegent in making phone calls to and writing to the right people so I would like to publicly thank her. THANK YOU HEATHER, guess we will still be headed to that mountain!!!!! Your the BEST!!!

There were so many others involved. When I look at the thread I wrote about the Vetoed sheep hunt I am still amazed at the support. Some of you did not want to be mentioned publicly so I will just say THANK YOU to any and everyone who participated and made this a reality for us. It only happened through your support and I as well as the military appreciate it.

For those not following not only did we get our tags back but the great state of Alaska's Board of Game and fish approved proposal number 46 which changed the law in reference to hunting tags and Soldiers deployed to Combat Zones.

Thank you again for the effort you put in and the letters that you wrote.

Jason

Default Welcome home!

Glad you guys made it back safe and sound. Enjoy the well deserved hunt!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Thumbs up Thank You

Good morning to you all. I am one of the other 12 from 172nd SBCT who will be re-issued the tag I drew for 06. I would also like to thank all of you who made it happen.

Regards,

yhc

Thank you guys more for what you do, than for thanking those involved for tags...!!! man what a small step towards gratidtude, extending those permits is such a small gift compared to those who are willing to hold the line. Enjoy your tags and best of luck on your hunts, remember to holler for help in here, someone might be able to take a little guess work outa prep process!
    welcome home and enjoy the holidays!!

Welcome Home !!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Welcome

Welcome back and thank you for your service to our country.
    "Never again shall one generation of Veterans abandon another".
    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Default Can't say enough

to thank you guys and gals for your service!! Just so happy to hear the good news about the tags. Merry Christmas. Jesse

Default glad it worked out

Jason, and yhc,

Glad it worked out for you guys. Welcome home! When ADFG figures out the details, I'll post a note on the forum to let everyone know.

Jason, would be cool if Heather draws a permit too, but either way, knowing you and others from the 172nd (and others) will be out there hunting your tags next season really just makes it all worth while for me.
    Merry Christmas to all of you, and hope to meet up sometime.
    Allbest,

Default Welcome Home

Helping you guys get your permits back is the LEAST we could do to thank you for your Service to our Country.

Its not you who should thanks us, its us that Thanks you.

Well Done!

Scott

Default Welcome Home!

Welcome home Plentycoupe and others! I'm really glad ADF&G did the "Right Thing" on this issue. You guys deserve it and it's a small thing compared to what you guys did.

And again, if you can't make it down this year, you're always welcome next year for a deer hunt.

Rick

You all deserve those tags and the right/privelege to hunt and so much more. You guys and gals answered the call in order for us all to be able to retain those freedoms.

Welcome home and thank you.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

You all have lots of friends and admirers here. As the days of the hunts approach, let us know if anything else can be done to help pull them off. Lots of us aren't through saying thanks yet.

I just wanted to add my Thanks as well. I am also one of those 13 that were lucky enough to retain a permit for next year. I am in the same unit as Jason and he and i talked about it several times. Once again thanks to all and expecially Heather for doing this on top of running the household.

Charlie

Default tag extension

Jason:

That is the best news I have had today. thanks for sharing and there is no need for thanks, you guys have earned at least that much and more, it was the least that should be done for you and the others who served.

Thanks for standing tall and holding the line for us. Enjoy your hunt, welcome home and Merry X mas.

Smile

Welcome home guys!!!!!!! Thank you very much for your service and I hope you all have the best hunt possible. I am very glad that ADF&G made the right choice and supported you guys. Good luck on the hunt akraven

Welcome back to what you were protecting and fighting for. It's great when the "right thing to do" happens. Good luck on your hunt and may your and your fellow comrads at arms participation help honor those not so fortunate.

Default Thank you

You are the ones that deserve the THANKS! Let me know if I can help with your TMA permit. (I believe that is what you have) I live in Tok and will help you out in whatever way I can.

Default Glad your back

Home safe thats good and for you and my DAD and what you have done for us THANKS! but still do not agree with the tag issue! I would like to know if there will be less tags available for the draw next year?
    Louie

Talking

welcome home and enjoy your hunt, you deserve it
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Thank You even more

I will have to second Brwbr's first post here. Welcome home!! You guys in the military sacrifice way more than a hunting permit will ever repay. Good luck and post the photos of your hunt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast