Thread: HUNTING FMA? what is the rules?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default HUNTING FMA? what is the rules?

So yesterday a friend showed up looking for cow mooses...

and asked me what the rules are for shooting in the FMA... i know the Reg say.. MOOSE hunting must be done by Bow, but there is no distinctions for small game, bears, etc

and I DON"T KNOW...... ( there i admitted it )

what are the shooting requirements in town. near town... Hare, birds, fox, bears, etc

and with in the FMA. the FMA is for MOOSE only... but??????
    Last edited by Brian M; 10-26-2009 at 09:44. Reason: name removed
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

That is all open to bear hunting and small game hunting with rifles or shotguns.

Spent plenty of time hunting waterfowl, grouse, and ptarmigan in the FMA during and after high school.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    That is all open to bear hunting and small game hunting with rifles or shotguns.

Spent plenty of time hunting waterfowl, grouse, and ptarmigan in the FMA during and after high school.

but what are the limits to from town etc... ???
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    but what are the limits to from town etc... ???
    Ahh geez you want specifics! I honestly could not tell you at this time. I do know you can hunt the backside of Creamers Field legally with firearms but am not sure of College Road is the northern boundary of the city limits or not.

The city boundary is pretty hard to describe as it does not follow too many land marks or natural lines. It is easier to see on a map.

http://gis.co.fairbanks.ak.us/

If you follow the link you can pull up any boundaries for FNSB that you would like to play with.

Hope that helped Vince!
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I do know you can hunt the backside of Creamers Field legally with firearms but am not sure of College Road is the northern boundary of the city limits or not.
    Firearms only for birds on Creamers Field I believe. Bow hunting for moose only in city limits, or FMA.

Are they wanting to hunt other critters besides moose? You also need to register with F&G to hunt Creamers. I think also that they have a different permit for that area too, not sure but seen something in the regs. Creamers gets alot of pressure. Especially when bull season is open at the same time.