Thread: Building a H2O pump?

Default Building a H2O pump?

I just bought what I thought was a complete water pump for my Yamaha 115 four stroke but what I received was a kit (housing, seal, o-rings ect). I can't find a schematic on building it. I could really use some advice on putting this together or if someone has a diagram I sure would appreciate a fax of it.
    Thanks

Thumbs up water pump

A Friend and I rebuild a water pump on his 25 Merc last year. It came only with a partial diagram. We had to be very careful when we took it apart so we knew how it went back together. Just make sure you get the impeller blades going the right way and all your o-rings in and it will be OK. Watch out for the key between the drive shaft and the impeller.

Default Water pump

I don't know if they are the same but I have the service manual for the 25 and 40 HP four strokes if you want a copy E-mail me andf I will send you a scan of the exploded view of the water pump and the directions.

Woody

dgwoodring(AT)earthlink.net

Default Pump

Try this:
    http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/t...94698&posts+15

If link doesn't work just go to www.thehulltruth.com and do a search.

Default Camera

One thing I do that helps is take a lot of pictures as you take it apart. With digital cameras this is easy and costs nothing. If you can put it back together from memory great - delete the photos. If something doesn't seem right, look over your photos. The key is to take a lot and from different angles.

Default motor schematics

Try this link to yamaha parts catalog. use the drop down menus to find your motor and it'll give you all the schematics you need, including the kit you probably bought. you can save as a PDF or it prints nicely.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/parts/home.aspx

Default i

that was a great link does anyone know of any other factory parts books on line for outboards?

Woody

Smile Thanks for the help!

ONTHEFRINJ, that was a great website and I appreciate the help! Now I just need to find some fish! Have a great summer.

I glad it helped. and great fishing to you too!