Thread: Bear Hunting

Default Bear Hunting

Hey everyone, I just moved to Alaska from North Carolina and am wanting to hunt unit 7 for black bears. Can anyone help me out on where to go. Are there any regulations on camping? Might be a stupid question but like I said Im new. I would appreciate anyones help.

There isn't much in the way of regulations regarding camping on public land, so you should be good to go. If you're planning to hunt them still this fall, the best route to take is to glass the mountainsides from the highway running from Turnagain Pass towards Seward. Alternatively, pick one of the many trails that heads into the alpine and spend some time walking in the mountains. Whatever bears are still out will be up high feeding until snow pushes them down. Good luck to you.

Try Palmer Creek & the hillside along Hope Road. Good luck, they have still not started to den, but should next week.

Thank you very much for you help. Hunting here in Alaska is completely different from whitetail hunting in NC. I will let you guys know how it goes when I get back. Again, thanks for your help.