Thread: need a translation please

Default need a translation please

"21B That portion within the Nowitna River drainage upstream from the Little Mud River drainage, and outside a corridor extending two miles on either side of, and including, the Nowitna River."

Can someone please:

a. reassure me that I'm not an idiot
    b. clarify this for me

Thanks, just doing some research and reading this morning...and found myself stumped at this. I hope there wasn't something in my cheerios but I cannot figure this one out.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    "21B That portion within the Nowitna River drainage upstream from the Little Mud River drainage, and outside a corridor extending two miles on either side of, and including, the Nowitna River."

Can someone please:

a. reassure me that I'm not an idiot
    b. clarify this for me

Thanks, just doing some research and reading this morning...and found myself stumped at this. I hope there wasn't something in my cheerios but I cannot figure this one out.
    what do you want translated?

Drainage in F&G terms is the land around it. if you spit and it drains into the Nowitna your in that drainage.

sounds like you have a corridor that starts here goes there is two miles wide and includes the river.

where is the rest of it?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

would this be your area.. lol

my best guess is to stay in the red

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Inside the section of the Nowitna Drainage that is upstream from the Little Mud River Drainage, there is a 2 mile corridor on both sides of the river.

You can't hunt moose here (inside the corridor on the Nowitna) unless you have Dm/Rmxxx permit.

But everywhere else in 21B you can, with a harvest permit.

Is that what that means?

ok.. what are you hunting? what hunt is it? did you get an area tag..or registration?

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

sounds like you have a corridor that starts here goes there is two miles wide and includes the river.
    I think that would be a 4 mile corridor Vince. Two miles on EACH side of the river.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    ok.. what are you hunting? what hunt is it? did you get an area tag..or registration?
    21B Moose, general harvest

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

okay so upstream of the mud river... you cant hunt moose with out a permit for 2 miles on either side of the nowitna, row row row your boat..

then walk a long way...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Your reading it correctly, but don't use the map ret25 posted. If you want to hunt this area, try for a drawing permit or fly in to the part of the Nowitna that is 21A. if you get a 21b draw permit, there is some good hunting there.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Your reading it correctly, but don't use the map ret25 posted. If you want to hunt this area, try for a drawing permit or fly in to the part of the Nowitna that is 21A. if you get a 21b draw permit, there is some good hunting there.
    What about the Susulatna River northwest of the Nowitna? It looks like that is outside the 2 mile corridor. Is the hunting that much better on the Nowitna itself and that is why there is a permit requirement?

What about the Susulatna River northwest of the Nowitna? It looks like that is outside the 2 mile corridor. Is the hunting that much better on the Nowitna itself and that is why there is a permit requirement?
    No. It is because the permitted area is easier access by boat and plane, gets heavier pressure and likely to be overharvested if it doesn't go to draw. Just like the Koyukuk. Easy access, but better areas are attainable with a little extra effort. Soon as folks figure out the logistics and get to making it easier, the faster it goes permit.

If you have a cub or airboat, you should concentrate your effort outside the corridor. If not, you should be applying for the Draw.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I was wrong about 21A. All the nowitna is 21b. If you can get 2 miles up the susu off the Nowitna, then it would be a harvest ticket hunt. How would you access that area? Fly in?
    Kinda a small rivere up there, but there should be float or wheel landing areas.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Makes sense, thanks for the info

Inside the section of the Nowitna Drainage that is upstream from the Little Mud River Drainage, there is a 2 mile corridor on both sides of the river.

You can't hunt moose here (inside the corridor on the Nowitna) unless you have Dm/Rmxxx permit.

But everywhere else in 21B you can, with a harvest permit.

Is that what that means?
    You can hunt inside that corridor with the registration permit but you have to destroy the trophy value of the moose antlers.

With the drawing permit you do not have to destroy the trophy value of the antlers.

You do not need an airboat to run the Nowitna from what I have been able to find out and it is possible to use a canoe or raft with motor to get the two miles outside the corridor if you don't want to destroy the trophy value. The Little Mud is supposed to be very hard to access due to lots of sweepers.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.