Thread: Lynx leg hold traps?

Default Lynx leg hold traps?

I have a bunch of 2 1/2 Victor double coil spring traps with long chains and double hook grapples.

These are not large enough for lynx are they?

#2's are generaly not big enough as you would be lucky to get a toe hold on a big footed lynx, especially after the trap has to come up through snow. Bridger #3's are a great lynx trap for the money if your looking for some bigger traps.

#3 are a great lynx, but I perfer the MB-750. I know a lot of guys that use either dogless #3. I just like the 7.5 jaw spread and nnot 6 or so.

Default Lynx

Couple years ago i caught a lynx in a 1.5 on a pole set for martin. Crazy cat walked up the pole and steped in the trap. Lynx dont fight a trap like a coyote will so its not a matter of holding power. They have big feet so its the jaw to jaw dimensions that matter. I use #3 bridger in my cat sets. Hillbilly

I have a couple dz or so, No. 4 Jump, Victor and B&L, they are very strong, for sale if you are interested. You can see what they did cost new here: http://jimstrappingsupplies.com/oneida_victor.htm