Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 67 inch moose for sale

Default 67 inch moose for sale

67 inch moose for sale whos got some spare change

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOOSE-ANTLERS-B-...item35a43f224e
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

What kind of a stupid moron would buy an old set of moose antlers for $10,000 ?!?

Is there really a market for unfinished, poorly mounted antlers? You can't eat 'em. You didn't shoot it, so you can't tell any stories about 'em. What's the flippin' point?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Same person that would shoot a tied up , fenced trophy to stick on the wall while they leave the meat with the company. Lots of folks with money and little else.

Default not alaska hunting

But thanks for sharing, I guess it's may be a sign of the times Maybe some rich guy will hang it on his way and tell everyone that he shot it.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    What kind of a stupid moron would buy an old set of moose antlers for $10,000 ?!?

Is there really a market for unfinished, poorly mounted antlers? You can't eat 'em. You didn't shoot it, so you can't tell any stories about 'em. What's the flippin' point?

same folks that Will pay 200 bucks for replicas out of Cabelas mag...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default value

I wonder what a pair of 43" sheep backstraps would go for? How about a 25 pound Blacktail ham?

IMHO the value is in the experience. I want to meet that man who hauled those bad boys out of the wilderness somewhere.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Same person that would shoot a tied up , fenced trophy to stick on the wall while they leave the meat with the company. Lots of folks with money and little else.
    I thought that was how you rural hunters did things? Don't you keep them penned up till fall then go get your meat?

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post

I would imagine that the type of pseudo hunter that would buy the antlers would also concoct a great hunting story to tell his friends about his masterful hunt.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

great... any one else get stuck in that ebay pages...

so tell me this.. WHAT IS THE DEAL!!!

with all the mounted deer butts? is tail that hard to come by ?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Can't say that the horns are worth 10 grand. No bids yet, so maybe they are not worth it after all. I guess for some guys 10 grand sounds like a bargain--no plane fare, no license or guide fees, no bugs (sounds pretty good huh). Maybe the guy is enchanted by LR hunting. It's going to be a pretty impressive shot since he never left his living room.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    WHAT IS THE DEAL!!!

with all the mounted deer butts?
    Don't laugh I sold those things all the time for $100 in my taxidermy studio in Carolina a great Christmas or for you non believers X-mas gift . I made one for a guy that wanted a doorbell button put ...........Well you know where
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

make the tail into a knocker... then you havve a conversation peice... and cringing guests..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

It would keep the greenies from knocken on the door

is tail that hard to come by ?
    Good tail meat is hard to find these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    IMHO the value is in the experience...
    Spot on. For me, thats the main reason I'm going anyway.

Moose this year was on a short hunt and was only a fork/fork but it will be a memory not soon forgotten. Beautiful weather, hunting with friends/family, introducing a new bud from Florida about AK moose-hunting, back to the family w/ a full freezer.

It doesn't get any better

well you could get this one!!!

Incredibly lifelike, but without any disease or mange, and best of all, no actual moose was killed or harmed to create this mount! This majestic REPLICA bull moose wall mount collectible is absolutely better than the real thing! Hand-crafted from brown goat fur over a moulded hard form, with dark-brown velvet covered broad felt antlers (easily removable for shipping and storage), it comes complete with well hidden eyelet for easy hanging on any wall! This item measures 15" long by 14" high. This collectible is an absolute must have for any outdoorsman or serious collector...even for the casual sportsman, it will look great in your office, den or cabin!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Furry-Animal-Mou...item2ea8919c3d

meet on face book here

Thumbs up

There a hundreds of Plastic Fish hanging in just about every place you can imagine in Alaska. Yes, even in some folks homes, as disgusting and nauseating as this might sound. I have even heard them say it is all about the experience too. This has only been happening for a few years, but has caught on like wildfire. Retailers, lodges, hotels, airports and "Trophy" Rooms are full of them.

Plastic Fish/Horns/Antlers will be the coming rage, as we impose more and more restrictions on ourselves. ie Catch and Release Fishing, Destruction of Antlers, Leaving Antlers in the field, etc, etc, etc. $10K for a real set might be a bargain in a few years.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

If that is Increadibly Lifelike its no wonder I didn't get a moose this year, I didn't know what they looked like.

I know a guy that has about 100 racks of great size sitting under his house...Hmmmm....wonder what my cut should be
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

I always thought some hotel or store might pay so crazy prices...just my thoughts. Unless I shot them I would pay for something to make something out of (furniture, lights etc...). But not 10K!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast