Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Who's ready to go?

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ANCH.
    Posts
    488

    Default Who's ready to go?

    Sunday, Ship creek drainage, registration hunt. Who's going to be out there Sunday morning?

    Good luck. Maybe we'll see you out there.

  2. #2
    Member ironartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Meadow Lakes
    Posts
    1,182

    Default

    Hopfully you'll see me packing out my buddies bull with my greeeeeen horse, or if you see some crazed horse running through the woods catch him he'll be mine.
    And good luck to you!
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

  3. #3
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,391

    Default

    You're killing me! Man...I'd love to be out there, but that darn computer crash foiled my plans.

    Maybe I'll get more lucky with the goat registration tags.

  4. #4
    Member Emers7mm Magnums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    anchorage
    Posts
    26

    Default one shot heard by 2pm

    texted some friends on the hill while I stay home and watch the kids. They only heard one shot so far, no sightings. Doesn't sound so good so far.

  5. #5
    Member ironartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Meadow Lakes
    Posts
    1,182

    Default

    That was one more shot than I heard, I was probably getting drug around on the trail. My buddy said they seen one bull 5 miles up across the creek.
    Last edited by ironartist; 01-21-2010 at 12:04.
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

  6. #6
    Member Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, NY (a suburb of Syracuse)
    Posts
    494

    Default ironartist

    That horse looks pretty calm to me.

    Phil Stewart

  7. #7
    Member ironartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Meadow Lakes
    Posts
    1,182

    Default

    My hands were to full to take a pic when he was having his bucking fit. He was just taking a break here when I took this.
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

  8. #8
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    LOL... The only way I'd do that hunt would be with pack horse or a string of pack llamas...or a dozen stupid friends with pack frams
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  9. #9
    Premium Member Wyo2AK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Spenard
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    LOL... The only way I'd do that hunt would be with pack horse or a string of pack llamas...or a dozen stupid friends with pack frams
    I was almost one of those stupid friends with pack frames! Thankfully my over-ambitious friends couldn't get on the one bull they saw.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

  10. #10
    Member doogiehauz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    elmendorf AFB AK
    Posts
    275

    Default

    I agree, i was ready 30 mins before the online registration. Wish i had the trouble of taking a moose out of the woods.

  11. #11

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by doogiehauz View Post
    Wish i had the trouble of taking a moose out of the woods.
    Check out the post in the Hunting Forum. There is a guy up there right now, that could help make your wish come true.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •