Thread: Sled Trailers (pull behind the sled)

Default Sled Trailers (pull behind the sled)

This year I bought two 1999 Polaris trail sleds I wanted to get a small plastic cargo type trailer to pull in case I shot anything while I was out. I have a handle in the back but no mount or hitch to pull anything with, has anyone mounted anything right to the pull handle or perhaps someone can comment if there is a mounting kit that you can get. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of the back of the machines but here is a pic of the sleds.

Appreciate any information.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any Polaris dealer will have a hitch kit for your sleds providing the stock rear bumper is still there. Aftermarket companies will have generic kits but you'll like the factory stuff better. The hitch will attach to your bumper and have a reinforcement plate that attaches to the rear of the tunnel. As long as you don't pull cabin-sized lumber loads you should do fine.

There are quite a few options for trailer hitches. Check out JR graham or Dennis kirk. Most of them either bolt or rivit to the tunnel. You just need to match up the hitch style with the coupler you are going to use for your trailer.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default trails

I own a Polaris RMK and have seen many of those trails. Just a friendly reminder, keep the RPM's up high so you don't smoke the belt. I don't know if I have seen one of those set up right so they didn't burn the belt. They are nice riding machines, but once off the trail, etc. make sure you have an extra belt. Just my observation on those machines.

Default Belts

Thanks, got two spares, both machines only have about 500 miles on them so not to much use for 1999s, so far happy with them.

Really happy with how easy they start, and appears they were well maintained.