Thread: New Warship 52 MPH

Talking New Warship 52 MPH

Pretty impressive. It didn't mention the GPH, but I bet would be daunting.

Here's the link:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33431534...news-military/
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Isn't there another thread that touches bas eon govt spending and flat taxes?

Est 50ea at $460Mil...yeah..flat tax won't support that !
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Talking Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Isn't there another thread that touches bas eon govt spending and flat taxes?

Est 50ea at $460Mil...yeah..flat tax won't support that !
    Boats and budgets, they don't mix.
    how to act in public

I don't see the need for so many of them right now. especially w/ economy. I think 4 proto's are good enough.

maybe iits to appease for the f22 jet denial?

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Seems the two competing contractors have similar ships, wonder what will happen to the unfortunate prototype?
    I can see it now: 26 glacier cruise, 8 trips daily.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug from Anchorage View Post
    Boats and budgets, they don't mix.
    True that!!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default 26 Glacier Cruise

Went out this summer with friends up from the lower 48. This boat needed 2 - 3200 hp diesels to get up to 50 mph .... it was fun although I could not put a line in the water ... oh well
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ocnfish View Post
    Went out this summer with friends up from the lower 48. This boat needed 2 - 3200 hp diesels to get up to 50 mph .... it was fun although I could not put a line in the water ... oh well
    You guys on the catamaran? 3 summers ago we were making out way back to the harbor, water was absolute glass, 44 knots average and the cat. cruise boat smoked our asses back to whittier harbor leaving nothin but rooster tail.

Default yes it was a big steel cat

Remember ... "brute force conquers all" we had a real nice weather day and it amazing what 6400 hourse power can do. We do not usually do the tourist thing but when you have guests up you go with the flow ... If you ever take tourists for a boat ride that is a way cool ride.

That new ship looks more comfortable then the LST I floated around in for 6 months

Thumbs up would have been nice

would have been nice to be on a boat like this, but had to take where i was sent, from subs, to ac, cruisers

Wink LST?

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    That new ship looks more comfortable then the LST I floated around in for 6 months
    I was an amtrac mechaninc. Spent many months on LST's D's and LHA's. Are you a squid or jarhead? Only the LHA's layed decent in bad weather. On an LST, we lost two dock platforms and an anchor on our way to Korea in a typhoon. Water was so high, it was busting over the bow crane.
    how to act in public

Quote Originally Posted by Doug from Anchorage View Post
    I was an amtrac mechaninc. Spent many months on LST's D's and LHA's. Are you a squid or jarhead? Only the LHA's layed decent in bad weather. On an LST, we lost two dock platforms and an anchor on our way to Korea in a typhoon. Water was so high, it was busting over the bow crane.
    And I thought spending 2 months on a crab boat was bad. Nothin like a 180ft teeter totter cresting 14ft rollers for days on end.

Default Doug from Anchorage

Jarhead, floated on the USS Bristol County in 88, spent a lot of time bouncing around the back of a amtrac, also got some pictures of water coming over the bow crane.

Talking Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    Jarhead, floated on the USS Bristol County in 88, spent a lot of time bouncing around the back of a amtrac, also got some pictures of water coming over the bow crane.
    Right on. I was in 81-85. Had a blast. 17 countries on 2 floats (west pac and nato).
    how to act in public