Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if money was no problem custom rifle build

Default if money was no problem custom rifle build

if had hit the lottory and now you have the money in the world to build your custom rifle with all the goodys that you have wanted to have in a rifle but never could afford intill now ..what typle of rifle would you build ..and the cals that you could have

i have allways wanted a Verling four barrel rifle and shotgun combo set up ..for diff typles of hunting ..along with a good scope ..

so tell me about your dream rifle ..

new ultralight arms 308 w/ a 2-8 leupold

Probably also have a Blaser 93 made w/ 1/2 doz different fluted barrels and a couple different Schmidt & Bender scopes

Already have it, 50-90 Shiloh Sharps.

500 nitro express Holland and Holland double rifle.

What seant said.
    Tennessee

Tossup between a recreation of a Holland and Holland best quality 8-bore muzzleloading double rifle and a recreation of an original Hawken. The Hawken would be "on the cheap" depending on builder and materials, somewhere between $5k and $10k. Why's that cheap? Because the 8-bore double could top $20k.

Default Brevex and Kurz

I would buy a hard to find Brevex magnum mauser action and a small ring Kurz action and go from there.

If money was no problem I suspect that building a rifle would not be as much fun. Presently, money is a real issue. For me to undertake a new rifle I must be convinced I "need" this rifle and there is not a suitable available factory substitute. If I did not have to give any thought to this I am not certain I would appreciate a rifle build in the same way. Of course I would own the finest rifles money can buy, but I am not certain that my passion/respect for rifles would not decline.

But since you ask, it would no doubt be a bespoke H&H "Royal." Now the real question is if I could truly afford the rifle. That is afford it in such a way I could buy what I want when I want or if it is a one time gift by a wealthy benefactor. If money is no object and I can build any and as many rifles as I want, then my dream rifle would be in 700 H&H. This however is not an entirely practical rifle. If this is a one time deal I would choose a "Royal" in 500/465 H&H. It weighs only half as much and is about as ideal a hunting DGR as I can imagine.

i have to give to wildalaska for that i the best one so far...

Quote Originally Posted by seant View Post
    500 nitro express Holland and Holland double rifle.
    I like how you think, but I'd go with the 500/465NE. I suppose I'd throw in a Westley Richards drop lock in .476NE and a Purdey 12 bore while I'm at it!!!!!!

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by henry2 View Post
    i have to give to wildalaska for that i the best one so far...

I can get you into a Luxus grade one for as little as $45,000, in calibers 243/308/30-06/9.3x62/300 Win/375/416....

The one pictured was given to the Sheek for free...he paid for the tooling

Blaser makes two a year...the wait is 6 months

I knew Ken was going to drop that one....A+ Didn't you say you had a Luxux in stock? Or was it one of the 'lesser' models?

seant is a second and LuJon, yeah, I'd probably get a Blaser or two also...

Was on the SIG SAUER site today drooling over the Tactical 2 in .338 Lapua...

i got a little money to spend but nothing like that..i was dooling over the Johann Fanjoz custom bult rifles website for his custom bult rifles ..so i like my blaser combo model set up..but i would love to have a Veirling in four diff cals for hunting .

a Johann Fanjoz Triumphbock three barrel set up with be nice in 30-06-12,ga and 223 cal with a nice wood stock also .

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I knew Ken was going to drop that one....A+ Didn't you say you had a Luxux in stock? Or was it one of the 'lesser' models?
    Lesser models...we have S2 Safari Luxus doubles in stock

Talking having problem with money

if you need money to buy something, email obama he is printing plenty

Pre-64 model 70 action for the foundation. This would be trued, tuned, slicked up so that it would practically operate by itself. The barrel would be from one of the great aftermarket makers in either 24 or 25 inch length. It would not be too heavy nor too light, but just right. Caliber would be 280AI, just because I have never had one, and always wanted one. Stock would be synthetic, McMillan, shaped like the wood versions on the factory Sako AV’s. Those fit me soooo nice. Finish would be CeraKote in at least two colors since money is no object. This rifle seems so apple pie USA, I would have to top it with domestic glass, likely Leupold top of the line.

Now that the juices are flowing, I have always dreamed of a Dakota rifle. Hmmm… start with a Dakota action, fluted barrel worthy of the cause chambered in 338 Lapua of adequate length. I’d hire me a wood hound to sniff out a piece of crotch wood that would be so dark and dense it can’t hardly be called wood. Then he would find someone who has made shaping such wood into rifle stocks a life’s work and this project could finalize their retirement fund because when they finish with the stock it would look and feel so amazing, it would be “priceless”. This one would be topped with the absolute finest optic, likely Swaro or S&B.

Surgeon Scalpel 338 Lapua action, mated to a 28" Krieger Barrel, Bedded into a Mcmillan A5 stock in GAP camo of course. I would stick with Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 for the scope because I like the MOA turrets and the NP-R1 reticle. Yup, that just about covers it.

If money were no object..... because I would be too afraid of taking it to the woods unless I could afford to take it in the woods. I guess I would have to have a Doug Turnbull upgraded Winchester 1886 take down in 50-110
    https://secure.cazbah.net/store.asp?pid=20667 . You'll have to excuse me for a minute. I need to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Lesser models...we have S2 Safari Luxus doubles in stock

whats a lesser rifle go for?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast