Thread: marlin 45-70 guide gun sight

Default marlin 45-70 guide gun sight

hey all i have been researching the sights and trigger jobs on the 45 70.

I can not find where to purchase the sights. I am looking for a fiber optic front sight and the buckhorn style rear. i looked at bushnells but did not see anything except the stock sight. also will these sights be gun specific? also any info on what sights you like on your gun for hunting up here would be great. vance

Search online at Brownells. They will have anything you need.
    Tennessee

Default wild west guns

wild west guns in Anchorage sells a nice peep sight with a fiber optic front and they also sell the trigger happy kit if you want to replace your factory trigger, I might also suggest their bear proof ejector if your going to be shooting some stout loads and while your at it they have a large loop lever which is sweet and oh yeah their synthetic stock is nice too........

Thumbs up Williams Fire Sight

Work great when teamed up with a Peepsight
    Alaska

hey i went to wild west and got my sights. $$145 total. spent more than i wanted to on it but on those real early mornings when i walk around and there are bear tracks here and there it at least makes me feel a little safer. not sure if i am or not though. haha thanks again. then i am just going to polish up a few parts in the reciever so everything moves a little smoother. vance

I put this Ragged Hole sight on my 1895G and painted the front sight with gold model paint. I really like the sight picture, although it's not fiber optic. http://www.oneraggedhole.com/Marlin_One_Hole_Sight.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default 45-70 sight

Google "Xpress Sight Systems". I have one on my Marlin 45-70. They provide a very fast and rugged "peep sight" and front post with a white line. I have not seen anything better for a lever gun. Fiber optic front sights are pretty but they look fragile to me.

I also have the WWG set-up and I love it. everybody who shoots my co-pilot loves them. Me, being me, I am gonna change things up a bit. I'm gonna get there QD scout scope mounts, since I have a scout scope just sitting around and I will have the best of both worlds

Happy Holidays!!! I've owned two Marlin GG's and love them!!! Had a blued one I bought in Kodiak when they first came out, and wore all the bluing off it. Have one in Hard Crome with a Williams' Receiver Peepsight and a Firesight up front. The Firesight needs a shot of superglue to set the fiberoptic in place and they tend to fade over time, but they're durable in the field. I run mine with no hood (brighter) and haven't knocked it off in the skiff, on the ATV or just slogging around in the brush. I put in the WW ejector, big improvement. The only problem I've had with this gun is the stock, if it takes a hard hit from the side, it will split at the tang, above the lever. I've run into lots of guys with black tape, duct tape or strapping tape wrapped around they're stock but they still wouldn't trade it for something different. I've looked into composite stock sets but have heard of guys having the same problem or worse, bending that tang. I just keep a spare stock at home and a roll of black tape in my pack. Oh yeah, if you haven't put on the Pachmyer recoil pad, do it, don't wait, run, get one!!!! Good Luck to all in the New Year and keep enjoying the Outdoors!!!!