Thread: I have a question about swivel mounts

northern n.y. and much of the eastern U.S.

Default I have a question about swivel mounts

On my browning B 78 I have some kind of sling mounts in the wood that I am unfamiliar with...any body know what they are, they seem to be some kind of flush mount, but I don't know what to buy for my sling to attach to my mounts..? Also, I like the look better than the "stud" mount look, and would like some thinf similar to put on another rifle, does anyone know where I could find them or something similar..?

Thanks
    Scott

Sounds like inletted sling studs. These are usually put on custom rifles as they add a nice touch.

Bet you can find them at Brownells or Canyon Creek Gun Stocks (where I got the photo from). You can use regular sling swivels unless your's are metric. If they are metric NECG sells swivels for them.

Something like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tennessee

B-78 rifles typically were fitted with pachmayr flush mount sling attachments. They should be about 3/8" dia. with a slot in them. The swivels had a "T" which was inserted into the slot and turned 90 degrees to lock. I believe pachmayr has discontinued these swivels.

northern n.y. and much of the eastern U.S.

Default yes, like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    B-78 rifles typically were fitted with pachmayr flush mount sling attachments. They should be about 3/8" dia. with a slot in them. The swivels had a "T" which was inserted into the slot and turned 90 degrees to lock. I believe pachmayr has discontinued these swivels.

I believe you are correct. So.., I may not be able to find the "male" portion of these..?

I would try to get a hold of Pachmeyr I would be willing to bet that even if they are discontinued they might have a few still lying around. Or if you would like to buy a couple sets for use on future rifles Brownells has them in stock. P.S. if you plan on putting them in yourself buy the installation kit from Brownells.

They have Michaels Pachmayer Or Sunny Hill

Is one of them what you have?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Apparently Pachmayr, yes thats the CORRECT spelling, does still offer the swivels you're looking for. Brownells part # 692-925-002, although it is the whole set with the bases. So call the Pachmayr guys in Cal. and see if they've got the swivels as a part.