Thread: Most Miles on an ATV???

Question Most Miles on an ATV???

A response to a question I asked a couple days ago made me wonder just how many miles a 4x4 4-wheeler (or 6-wheeler) used mostly off road is good for?

I've got one report of a Suzuki King-Quad 300 at 8,000 miles.

Yamaha 350 bruin 10,000
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

On a friends farm in AR... Suzuki LT250 with 13,000 when the odometer broke...that was about 6 years ago. It still runs, but has been replaced with a Polaris 2wd.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

we have 2 1990 king quads with nearly 15,000 miles each....each machine has un recorded mileage as well....both had issues with the speedo cables breaking...I still use one of them for plowing....the other still has the original tires......
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Bought my '96 fourtrax new. Zero extras including an odometer.

If I had to guess miles it would be in the early 5000 range.

Still starts on the first push of the button. Been through 3 batteries, 3 oil changes , one re-tweaking of the handle bars.

Default Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    we have 2 1990 king quads with nearly 15,000 miles each....each machine has un recorded mileage as well....both had issues with the speedo cables breaking...I still use one of them for plowing....the other still has the original tires......
    15K! X2! What a great recommendation for those old machines. Impressive!

P.S. Great avatar...learnin' from dad.

P.P.S. My 20yo daughter knows not to pull your finger

Default Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    On a friends farm in AR... Suzuki LT250 with 13,000 when the odometer broke...that was about 6 years ago. It still runs, but has been replaced with a Polaris 2wd.
    With performance like that I wonder why the change to Polaris...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i am at 3800 on my 08 ... i have seen some hondas up to 13000+change
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I've only got 2300 on my grizzly 700 so far, but it's an 08. I've read about some old Honda fourtrax machines that the railroad companies in the lower 48 use for running track lines looking for damaged tracks going 60K+ miles.

Vince - I'd be right up there with you if I wasn't stuck over here.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawner View Post
    With performance like that I wonder why the change to Polaris...
    He wanted a wheeler with a tilt bed instead of a rack.

The popo has a bunch of miles on it already as well and is holding up just fine. I don't remember the model, but it is one of the smaller ones (300-400cc).
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thumbs up kaw byou 300

no meter , brand new 1991, still have.. unreal amount of miles rode it 10 years before i got another had to do a valve job, chain and clutch 2 years ago... still turning 13.50 inch spider tracks.....
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Default Mileage

I have four of the Honda 500 Rubicons. The high mileage atv (2001 model) is at 8300 right now. The others are catching up quick. I don't know if it's a downside or not, but you end up spending approx $500 in parts per atv every 3000 miles replacing brakes, ball joints, a-arm bushings and seals, wheel bearings and seals, basically consumable parts that do wear out. Not to mention oil changes and filters every 100 hours of operation. For me it is just the cost of having fun and abusing my ride. None of this takes into account the ocasional winch or tire I have abused. Take care of them and they will all go, no matter the make or model, pretty much forever.

I have 2 suzuki king quads both 300's the newer one has just over 5000 miles, and the older one has just over 17,000. The older one has had a rough life with usually carriyng two people, and has carried several animals. I used it when I was a hunting guide in New mexico, so it wasn't always ridden easy. It has a little work here and there, like brakes and a speedo cable but nothing major.