Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deshka Landing

Smile Deshka Landing

Starting on thursday 5/25 the landing hours are 4am-midnight. On friday they open at 4am and will be open 24/7 thru king season!! The contractors are just about done with the new automatic gate and then they will be open 24/7, 365days a year with a summer or season pass, or you can use a credit card (visa or master card) NO MORE ACCESS PROBLEM!!! They also are putting a 24/7 gas pump in (on order 3-6 weeks) gas is available when the office is open now. The kings are in have a great summer, tight lines.

Talking Deshka Landing

That sounds great, but are the fish in yet. I havent heard of anyone landing one from deshka.

Thumbs up Deshka Landing

Yes the kings are in, more everyday.

is the water still low at the launch?

Smile No Low Water

wATER CAME UP LARGE INBOARDS ARE USING OK!!

Big Su is running high, but the Deshka appears to be clearing up, except right at the confluence where the Big Su is backing up in the mouths of all the creeks. Three good fish were caught yesterday, that I saw. 40, 42 and 50 lbs. Most were 15 to 25 lbs. Early mornings were best, because of the bright sun during later part of the day. 24/7 access, lots of fish, round the clock fishing, doesn't get any better than that. I applaud the group at the Deshka Landing for their efforts out there.

Default Deshka report 26 May 06

A quick report from my trip today.... Got out to the river around 7:00 this morning and fished until 1:30 this afternoon. Very slow.... Seen a few pullled in, nothing big, probably in the 15 pound range. Seemed folks using lures were doing better than the bait fisherman for one reason or the other.

Probably looks like a boat lot down there full from bank to bank fishing like last year..........but I reckon I'll be one of those boats here in about 12 more hours trying my luck.Wife is excited reading the post's so thanks for the update fellas.Daniel and Serena

I just got in from the Deska and I'll also say fishing was very slow. I was surprised the crowd wasn't larger. Pretty small crowd for a Memorial Day weekend, I'd say. We'd planned to go again tomorrow or Monday but I think I'l bag it and go again next weekend.

Default landing fees

Hi there. can you tell me what the fees are this year for launching and parking.. thanks

Default Fees

Fees are the same. $20 for launching, $7 for parking.

Thye launch was low on Saturday. You had to use your engine to get you off the trailer, then turn, goose it, get on step and roar out the mouth, then turn around and park on the bank. There was a hump in the middle that I hit.

Same way coming in, on step, then killing the power just before the trailer.

This warm weather should help bring the river up. Didn't see any fish caught all day Saturday and we were there from about 8 AM to 5 PM.

It will only get better.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

I heard that they limits were increased today to two (2) fish per day and you can now fish 24/7. Any truth to this? I've heard both good and bad reports so far this year...curious to hear more updates for the upcoming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance2pb4ugo View Post
    I heard that they limits were increased today to two (2) fish per day and you can now fish 24/7. Any truth to this? I've heard both good and bad reports so far this year...curious to hear more updates for the upcoming weekend.
    http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...2DSouthcentral

Haven't seen an update in a while so I thought I would post one. One king caught 5/26 and saw three more caught on other boats. Still pretty slow though when I was there, anybody have a different experience?

how far is it to the deshka from the mouth of willow creek?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

had some friends try to go down to the deshka,, saturday with prop not sure if it was not doable or they just didn't want to try, but they never made it..

all i know for sure is i cant hardly think straight cuz i will be camped on the deshka from the 7th till the 14th' and time just seems to drag on..

did an eight day float from neil lake to the confluence last year,, by far the best fishing trip i have ever done..

two friends and i bought a 16ft zodiac with 40 horse jet,, last year and we are thinking we will head up to the 17 mile marker and do a 2 or 3 day float
    back down to camp at the confluence..
    what a beautiful little river..

good luck everyone
    Slimm

On Sunday there were 3 caught in the boat below us, 1 each on several other boats beside us and we landed 1 legal keeper. Maybe 10 in all none over 15-18lbs. The action was mostly between 8 & 11am, after that it was dead aside from a few suckers.

The water is still low but appears to be coming up with alot of debri floating down. The landing is plenty deep for all boats. I wouldn't suggest running a prop unless you know the river well.

Its 9 or 10 miles from Willow to Deshka.
    Last edited by AKBighorn; 05-28-2007 at 22:51. Reason: addition

Default running a prop

Just a note for those others out there who run a prop. It is possible even in low water years to get to and fish the mouth of the deshka. It takes patience, and care, but it can be done, you just have to go slow and run adepth finder. I do it every year there are several shallow flat spots without real channels, but if you go slow and watch the bottom you can get there.

Default 9 or 10 Miles?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBighorn View Post
    Its 9 or 10 miles from Willow to Deshka.
    I think it's more like 3 1/2 to 4 miles tops, if it's the Willow launch I'm thinking of.

Default Actually

Quote Originally Posted by Doug from Anchorage View Post
    I think it's more like 3 1/2 to 4 miles tops, if it's the Willow launch I'm thinking of.
    It's 4.8 miles
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast