Thread: State of Alaska

Default State of Alaska

They are crazy I tell you my wife scans the letter they sent to me about my Military Reissue for my 2009 DE 717 permit. They say thier records indicate That I'm not deployed. Hold on a second let me go look outside right quick.... Okay I'm back yep still stuck in Afghanistan, been here since February, except for my two week R&R. So they denied my application for reissue. I replied back to the letter with contact info to my Troop Commander and Troop 1SG. Hopefully it gets resolved.

Hopefully they will get it stright soon and you will be good to go. I guess you could call your local town cops and tell them someone is shooting at you. When they ask where you are say the desert. When they say we don't do the desert tell them Alaska anexed it as you are still in state by their records and if they can't come send the state troopers.

Default I wonder

How they check the records??? I guess getting the Moose, Bear and caribou Harvest tickets when I was on leave was thier indication I was not deployed... Who knows...

Just keep hammering away at them. There is a TON of bureaucracy in all of this but eventually you will get to one guy that can make the decision and fix it. When I was on active duty I ran into tons of problems getting the PFD but after stupid amounts of bs we finally got to one salient person who listened, reviewed the evidence and took care of us. Persistance the last thing the guy reviewing our account said to me was "you have been approved, PLEASE TELL YOUR WIFE so she stops calling me!! That is the type of persistance that it takes to get stuff done sometimes!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Just keep hammering away at them. There is a TON of bureaucracy in all of this but eventually you will get to one guy that can make the decision and fix it. When I was on active duty I ran into tons of problems getting the PFD but after stupid amounts of bs we finally got to one salient person who listened, reviewed the evidence and took care of us. Persistance the last thing the guy reviewing our account said to me was "you have been approved, PLEASE TELL YOUR WIFE so she stops calling me!! That is the type of persistance that it takes to get stuff done sometimes!
    Or you could work smarter and not harder..you airforce guys make me laugh!

323 let me save you some time and stress in getting your re-issue:

First off if you re-read the military re-issue application (http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/permi...issue_form.pdf)
    it says you have to return to the state before you can be re-issued the permit. Second you will have to furnish a copy of your deployment orders upon return to verify your timeline and deployed status during your stint in OEF. I can guarantee you 100% that they will not question the validity of your deployment when you show them official orders. I went through this process after OIF in 07 and it took me 5 minutes to get re-issued my sheep and goat tags for the next year. Acquiring harvest tags during R&R will not diqualify you from a re-issue when you return according to the folks on raspberry road. Oh and don't mail in anything take the time to go down to Raspberry and ensure it gets handled face to face.
    So I would put all this on the backburner until you return and re-start the process after your DCS has been completed.

If you have any issues PM me and I can get you direct contact info and help you out if needed

Quote Originally Posted by Pupchow View Post
    Or you could work smarter and not harder..you airforce guys make me laugh!

323 let me save you some time and stress in getting your re-issue:

First off if you re-read the military re-issue application (http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/permi...issue_form.pdf)
    it says you have to return to the state before you can be re-issued the permit. Second you will have to furnish a copy of your deployment orders upon return to verify your timeline and deployed status during your stint in OEF. I can guarantee you 100% that they will not question the validity of your deployment when you show them official orders. I went through this process after OIF in 07 and it took me 5 minutes to get re-issued my sheep and goat tags for the next year. Acquiring harvest tags during R&R will not diqualify you from a re-issue when you return according to the folks on raspberry road. Oh and don't mail in anything take the time to go down to Raspberry and ensure it gets handled face to face.
    So I would put all this on the backburner until you return and re-start the process after your DCS has been completed.

If you have any issues PM me and I can get you direct contact info and help you out if needed
    I talked to the reissue guy at F&G via email from out here and he said to do the paperwork out here and send it to him while we were still deployed in case anything came up like this so that it would be resolved early. I turned in my paperwork prior to 323 turning in his and had my reissue approved within a week. Both of us turned in our deployment orders to F&G and filled out the reissue paper the same so not sure what happened. Heck both of us even took R&R at the same time(yeah no smart comments about us being a couple!) so that can't be it. I think F&G must not like people from Oregon.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

What's even funnier I sent all the paperwork thru my outlook account so when he recieved it he saw my name @afghan.swa.army.mil...

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I talked to the reissue guy at F&G via email from out here and he said to do the paperwork out here and send it to him while we were still deployed in case anything came up like this so that it would be resolved early. I turned in my paperwork prior to 323 turning in his and had my reissue approved within a week. Both of us turned in our deployment orders to F&G and filled out the reissue paper the same so not sure what happened. Heck both of us even took R&R at the same time(yeah no smart comments about us being a couple!) so that can't be it. I think F&G must not like people from Oregon.

And I'm beginning not to like people from Alaska!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    And I'm beginning not to like people from Alaska!
    Why does everyone have to be a hater?
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Huh..when I spoke with F&G yesterday about this they were sticky about the being back in state with the dep order in hand. I agree I would rather see you get it resolved early, not sure why they approved one and not the other Unless the harvest tags were misinterpreted by the person doing the re-issue? Rest assured you'll get your tags, worst case would be when you returned best case is you can win the email war and get it resolved while your deployed.