Thread: Lost gun case key

Default Lost gun case key

In my move to another city I've misplaced (it's gone) the cheep key for my long rifle case.

It's the simplest of keys...any suggestions for a substitute to use when the TSA asks me to lock the case on my way back from Kodiak later this month?

Thanks...jim

Default Maybe

Check the keys that are used for the locks on journals and diarys. They might fit and the books are cheap as well or maybe a pistol case by the same manufacturer. IF all else fails, LOCKSMITH.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default keys

Do you have time to call the manufacturer and request another key? The locks are probably the same and keyed alike. Anyone around there have a case the same as yours? I know my SKB hard cases use the same key. Good luck

Default lost that key years ago

I usually wrap a piece of chain around the case (through the handles) and padlock it.
    Never been questioned about it and it works for me.
    Gary

Default Cheap Key Substitute

In my experience with losing the cheapo key to my long gun case, a paperclip can work (says a lot about security). And, the folks behind the counter in ADQ will be understanding while you fiddle with it for that extra 30 seconds... Good luck.

Had the same problem with my case. Not sure if this will help but, Dokes locksmith in Juneau fixed me up for 25 bucks. Good folks to deal with.

John

Quote Originally Posted by OLDGOAT View Post
    Had the same problem with my case. Not sure if this will help but, Dokes locksmith in Juneau fixed me up for 25 bucks. Good folks to deal with.

John
    That works every time