Thread: Chakachatna River?

Default Chakachatna River?

Anyone ever been up or down the Chakachatna river on the west side of Cook Inlet? Looks like it originates in a lake then flows into the McArthur river then into Trading Bay.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Anyone ever been up or down the Chakachatna river on the west side of Cook Inlet? Looks like it originates in a lake then flows into the McArthur river then into Trading Bay.
    I have flown it several times. Not sure you can make it to the lake by boat. Looks like big water from the air.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    I have flown it several times. Not sure you can make it to the lake by boat. Looks like big water from the air.
    I was wondering the same thing after looking over google earth. Looks like plenty of white water on it.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

It has been kyaked many years ago. It is extremely steep.

It does have a bit of drop after leaving the river then starts to level out. Do you know who ran it in a kayak? The only attempt I have heard of in a kayak decided not to try it and hauled their kayaks out through the alders.

I think it was Andy Embeck (not sure of the spelling).