Thread: Flight Prices

Default Flight Prices

Not sure if this would go here, but I'm trying to figure out a hunt and was wondering if anyone would know how much it would cost to fly in a supercub or beaver for about 2 flight hours?

Default Try 8 Hours

For the transporter, it's going to work out to 8 hours unless you're floating out - 2 hours in dropping you off, 2 hours back to their base of operations; then four more hours round-trip to come back and get you.

md is correct.

It will help to answer your question if you flesh out a few minor details for us, such as the hub you will be flying out of for starters....Bush flights vary greatly in price from on City/Town/Village to another...Likewise if you could somewhat specify the load you are looking to haul as, again, the price between a supercub, 206, beaver, widgeon, goose, and otter also vary greatly.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default Supercub Price

For 2 hours flight time= (8 hours total, give or take), it will cost a little over $1200....It all depends on the plane too, a beaver will be more, due to fuel consumption, and payload, and carrying more pax.

It all depends on the air strip your flying into also, there are many variables, that will drive the price even higher, and how much weight you are bringing back, because you might be looking at several extra trips via cub, especially if your landing on a river bed or gravel strip, that bigger planes can't land or take off on...

Not sure if your math is correct as it seems like cub flights are going for $250 an hour right now...Unless your sheep hunting and you can double that number.

Sorry, my mistake I was figuring on on ehour flight time to destination, your right...about double that ...$2400. ($250 for cub)

I am still trying to figure out how a Cub and a Beaver are listed in the same paragraph. One is an ultracompact short field master for one person and a bit of gear while the other is a MONSTER load hauler capable of dragging 1500lbs of buddies and bags out to the field.

already quoted $250 an hour for a cub, $550 an hour for a beaver. As noted, dependent on where you are flying out of. Some operators don't charge by the hour, they charge per trip so make sure you know what they are doing.