Thread: DM 798 Updates?

Default DM 798 Updates?

My 14yr old son drew this tag and we will be heading up the first week of November and staying at the Silver Fox. Anyone have any updates on how the hunt is going?? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by akcarv View Post
    My 14yr old son drew this tag and we will be heading up the first week of November and staying at the Silver Fox. Anyone have any updates on how the hunt is going?? Thanks!
    I was up there for 3 days with my wife, dad and mom (who drew the permit) 10 days ago. We hunted a day and half out the 12 mile crossing off the Richardson (Mile 252 or 253 I think). Anyways, we saw lots of moose and had great weather mid 50s during the day. Lots of open country out that direction. I guess you can go out to trails either at mile 1402 and 1408 off the AK highway its more wooded I gather, but still lots of moose there. I wish you great luck for you and your son and expect to hear a hunt report when you get back. Also talked to F&G in Delta Junction when we dropped off the lower jaw and they said this is the last year for Delta Junction cow hunts and the hunt supplement I saw earlier reflects that. So makes the best of it.

Here is a pic of me and my mom with her first ever moose (DM 798) after 30 years of living in AK:

Default Helped a friend

with his two grandsons in 797 and 798. Got one opening day in 798 and had to go back into 797 on the second day. Had a great time. Sure could have done without seeing some of the idiots that also had the 797 tag.

Thumbs up

I wish everyone the best of luck on this hunt, its a great area and the moose are there.

Luke its good to see a pic of you and your mom with her moose!
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Hunted 798 on opening day, Oct 10th. Headed out at 0700, had our moose at 1000, saw almost 10 total legal cows that day alone. Hunt the right areas and you are golden.

Quote Originally Posted by asrjb25 View Post
    Hunted 798 on opening day, Oct 10th. Headed out at 0700, had our moose at 1000, saw almost 10 total legal cows that day alone. Hunt the right areas and you are golden.
    Sounds like your buddy knows where the moose are at!