Thread: Rifle shipping in state

Default Rifle shipping in state

If you sell a rifle to someone in state can you ship it directly to them using USPS?

No,it must be face to face or ffl. Here is a quick overview of some of the laws.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b8

If you had a friend going to where the buyer lives he could take the gun.You are supposed to check the buyers I.D. for state and age

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    No,it must be face to face or ffl. Here is a quick overview of some of the laws.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b8

If you had a friend going to where the buyer lives he could take the gun.You are supposed to check the buyers I.D. for state and age
    You missed this one Amigo, but this is confusing stuff.
    As long as it’s a long gun and does not cross state lines ATF says you can ship.
    For your protection it’s a good idea to know who you sell to shipping or not.

Copied from Amigo’s link:

(B7) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?
    A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
    A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default Shipping to your self in another state

You can also ship a long gun to a FFL dealer in another state directly without going thru a FFL on your end.

You can also legally ship a gun to yourself in another state - handy if you are going hunting in the lower 48 and don't want to carry it on the airplane now that they stick you for extra bags. Long guns can go thru the mail but pistols cannot.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Yep but you have to know he is a resident by checking I.D. in some way. I would feel safe on this forum where others could vouch for them but I wouldn't off graigs list. A e-mail copy of I.D. would also be iffy to me as these are lost and found alot.I think how you get state resident proof could be the big catch 22

Default You could fax a DL copy

I have done that a number of times. As long as it is clear enough to read EVERYTHING. As far as Craigs list is concerned, I don't believe they allow firearms on their site. In fact, I tried to sell just bullets for reloading and some dunce or biased person flagged and deleted my posting.