Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun shows coming up?

Default Gun shows coming up?

Googled it and so far came up with the ones that have already happened. Heard about one in Eagle River next month? Then I guess the one in wasilla high school would be next in the new year? Thanks for any info. Hope to see you guys there!

Default next gun show

there is a gun show at the sports complex in wasilla on dec 19&20 tables are 45.00 it is a fund raiser youth shooting sports(SCTP) in south central alaska call 355 0962 for more info

Quote Originally Posted by reddogiii View Post
    there is a gun show at the sports complex in wasilla on dec 19&20 tables are 45.00 it is a fund raiser youth shooting sports(SCTP) in south central alaska call 355 0962 for more info
    Thanks for the heads up! $4 to get through the door. I also heard that the Wasilla High School gun show is no more, is that correct?

No, the Wasilla High School gun show is still on. They just have a new person organizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by reddogiii View Post
    there is a gun show at the sports complex in wasilla on dec 19&20 tables are 45.00 sports(it is a fund raiser youth shooting SCTP) in south central alaska call 355 0962 for more info
    This is the 1st gun show for this organization, they hope to continue from this year on out.

Any of you guys planning on going?

Default gun show in Anchorage

There is a gun show Thanksgiving weekend (Saturday and Sunday) at Lumen Christi High School on Jewel Lake Road in Anchorage. This school is behind St. Benedict's Church.

It is sponsored by the Disabled Veterens Association.

Quote Originally Posted by ORbill View Post
    There is a gun show Thanksgiving weekend (Saturday and Sunday) at Lumen Christi High School on Jewel Lake Road in Anchorage. This school is behind St. Benedict's Church.

It is sponsored by the Disabled Veterens Association.
    Do you know the costs to get in? How about a cost for a table?

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I think the charge to get in the door is $5 or $7. I'll find out the table cost and a contact for you and also confirm the door charge.

Default Nov. gun show on Jewel Lake

This could be good - a fall gun show just before Christmas in Anchorage. The Jan. gun shows how in Walsila and Lion's Club Palmer Shows are great but a long drive for vendors in Anchorage.

From a flyer I picked up:

guns and hunting related items only (IMO GOOD - no flea market, beef jerkey, or kitchen knifes etc.)

125 tables at $40 each prepaid by Nov. 18th. or $60 at the door.

Public admission $5

Reservations: Will Lee - 907-982-0927 or Jim Plumby 907 373-1998

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Thanks for the info tvfinak and ORbill

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    This could be good - a fall gun show just before Christmas in Anchorage. The Jan. gun shows how in Walsila and Lion's Club Palmer Shows are great but a long drive for vendors in Anchorage.

From a flyer I picked up:

guns and hunting related items only (IMO GOOD - no flea market, beef jerkey, or kitchen knifes etc.)

125 tables at $40 each prepaid by Nov. 18th. or $60 at the door.

Public admission $5

Reservations: Will Lee - 907-982-0927 or Jim Plumby 907 373-1998

I will be there! Hours for the public will be Sat. and Sun. 10am to 5pm Thanksgiving weekend. It is the gym of the school @ 81st and Jewel Lake.

Default Forum Members

Any forum members or sponsors going to have a booth or plan on attending either of these gun shows?

I'm going to wait for the Palmer and Wasilla shows.

I plan on going to the Lumen Christi High School show in Anchorage.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm going to wait for the Palmer and Wasilla shows.

When and where is the Palmer show? The Wasilla show is on the 19th and 20th of December. Have not heard much on the Wasilla High show yet.

There is also the show at the Wasilla High School on 16/17 Jan. I just got my vendor flyer in the mail yesterday. Tables will be $50 for a 6-foot exhibit. Don't know the cost for daily entry. You can contact WHSGunShow@gmail.com with questions.

[QUOTE=Mort;616593]There is also the show at the Wasilla High School on 16/17 Jan. I just got my vendor flyer in the mail yesterday. Tables will be $50 for a 6-foot exhibit. Don't know the cost for daily entry. You can contact WHSGunShow@gmail.com with questions.[/QUOTE/]

Hey thanks for the info! I won't be able to make the one in December unfortunately=gonna be in a lot of pain that week. But the WHS one should be good to go by then. Thanks again.

Don't mean to hikjack the thread, but reading this thread I was reminded of a question I had.

Where can I find info on firearms transfer laws in Alaska? If I sell a rifle in the classifieds or let's say I bring it to the gunshow and sell it, do I need to go through someone with an FFL? I remember I bought a rifle here years ago and it was here's the cash, here's the rifle, good luck this fall.

Has it changed at all?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Don't mean to hikjack the thread, but reading this thread I was reminded of a question I had.

Where can I find info on firearms transfer laws in Alaska? If I sell a rifle in the classifieds or let's say I bring it to the gunshow and sell it, do I need to go through someone with an FFL? I remember I bought a rifle here years ago and it was here's the cash, here's the rifle, good luck this fall.

Has it changed at all?
    I don't think anything has changed. That is how I have sold all my guns. Now is you sell to someone out of state they can't recieve it, so you need to through an FFL. Not sure about the gun shows, should be fine, unless you have a table-might look like you are a dealer then, which would mean calling NICS on the buyer possibly. But that is all speculation.

Default Just a few more days!

Just bumping this up. Jewel Lake gun show after black friday.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

bobblehead:

I'm pretty sure that....

FFL Dealers have do the paperwork, and the check on ya.

Private Sellers don't.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast