Thread: Inexpensive...

Default Inexpensive...

rubber boots, is there any company out there that make silicone boots? I ask this as every year, I buy a cheap pair of rubber boots, & will need to replace them the following year due to cracking, rot, whatever, I notice that silicon isn't as rotful as rubber...& would like to know if anyone know some decent pair of rubber boots out there that last at least two seasons...

Default xtratuff

Have you tried xtratuffs? http://www.xtratufboots.com/

Probably not real inexpensive but they last...

Xtra-tuffs in Ketchikan are called Ketchikan Sneakers. Typically they're around $60. You can also get them in caulks which are great for our wet slippery logs and slopes.

insulated Xtra-tufs are the way to go. caulks optional.

Call me the odd person out, but I like Muck Boots. They are much more comfortable than any other boot I ever tried. I have large calves and xtratuff cuts into my calves, it's got a narrower upper. The Muck boot is made out of rubber base with a stretchy neoprene upper. Unlike most rubber boots, they are comfortable for standing and walking with a supportive but squishy insole that doesn't hurt the feet. I love my mucks. I use them primarily for riding ATV's during the wet season. I ride all day comfortably. They have winter boots too good for -40.

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.