Thread: Caribou Antlers

Default Caribou Antlers

I'm looking for a set of caribou antlers for a cape that I have. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Default You may not like my idea, but....

You can make some good finds shed hunting from the Dalton Highway. Of course, it's going to be snowy up that way for a long time, but if you can wait for next summer, take a four or five day weekend to drive up there and look for some sheds. Last time I was there, my group found three really nice ones from big bulls, and that was even with snow still on the ground.

And no, you can't have my sheds .

Good luck.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Get a hold of "strangerinastrangeland" and see what he has or can help with. He had a post a couple weeks ago about the antlers they leave (since you can't eat them).

Wink

Goody,
    Go ahead and get the cape mounted on a form, using the square shanks mounted in in the skull plate area. You can always come up with antlers to be fitted as removable/detachable. It is not a permanent deal and you can upgrade with each new set you get. I have never found a big bull caribou shed, that was not damaged. It is the nature of them, to get beat up, broken, splintered etc during the rut. Finding someone with a decent set laying around would likely be a better deal.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Go take a 4 wheeler and drive around unit 13, look for circleing ravens and magpies.