Thread: Any Vz-58 fans out there.

Default Any Vz-58 fans out there.

Thinking of getting one, how do you like yours. How do they compare to other Kalishnikov 47 variants? How about replacement parts availability?
    Everything I have read on them is favorable, seems like a quality 47 type weapon.

I have one and like it. They are well built and have a milled receiver. I really wouldn't consider them an ak47 type rifle. They are actually quite different and take different magazines and do not have interchangable parts with an ak47. I think the chambering in 7.62x39 is where the similarities begin and end.

The only thing I don't like about mine is the stock is very short.

Seant, short stocks work well with body armor . I wonder if there is a NATO length stock available. My delemma is I have a few Romy's and am all set up for the Kalkov 47 platform and like you pointed out the two don't share parts or mags. ARG, I hate making decisions, but I'm liking the Vz the more I look at them.

Lightbulb Vz-58

I would not bother with the VZ-58.

Too many other good AK platform choices with accessories, upgrades, conversions, parts, mags on and on.

VZ-58 shares nothing in common with AK variants other than the 7.62x39 cartridge, capacity, and roughly similar in size.

Better $$$ spent and down the road would be a new Russian Saiga-type or Arsenal Inc. AK.

I think I'll stick with what I got, no sense in changing platforms, I have a Siaga S-12 nice little shotty.

What is interesting about AK's are they all shot about the same with factory ammo and 16" Brl's. If you want a better shooting (if smaller groups at 100 yrds are your cup of tea) then go with a RPK and handload. I have a NHM-91 RPK that shoots great, as long as I handload, if I stick with factory it is still 2-3 inch groups at 100.

Ron