Thread: Do you wear hearing protection?

Default Do you wear hearing protection?

When you're out bird hunting?

I do, as I have tinitus in both ears, & am unable to tolerate the loud nosie of a shotgun...that makes it pretty difficult to hunt birds, as you need good ears to "locate" your birds when your hiding out in the blind you have.

How the heck do you cope with the loud noises, & or wear hearing protection & still get your birds?

They make some good noise cancelling head sets that applify noise (be able to hear those whistling wings) but will cancel harmful sounds above a certain db. I use them at the shooting range and can have a normal conversation but they cancel the gun shot. Unfortunately, the headsets do somewhat interfere with the shotgun and cold weather protection is troublesome with them. I have been looking at noise cancelling ear plugs. Apparently they have a small hole through them to hear but at a certain db the hole closes of. I believe that EAR made a set. Has anyone tried these? They may the answer. Apparently there is a guy in Chugiach that sells them and molds them to the individuals ears. I will try and find the info and pass it on.

Pro Ears, don't leave home without 'em.

Default walkers game ears

I use the small walkers game ears. One for each ear. NOT cheap, but man they are nice. I started loosing hearing in my left ear so using nothing was not an option, and I don't like just earplugs or muffs.

What??????

Default Too funny!

Blackdawg! LOL!! +1 your way...LOL!!!

Always use the ear muffs before shooting.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!