Thread: Mirror Lake Trout

Default Mirror Lake Trout

Has anyone had luck fishing Mirror Lake for Rainbows this week? I was told they are hitting most anything green/black you throw at them.

I don't even think of mirror lake for fishing,but if you were told that they are hitting anything then you should not wait and get out there and try its going to ice up soon. then post here and tell us all how great it is.

There are some good landlocked salmon in there.

I've only fished there once. Caught a few, but only a few inches long.

I fished the local lakes, including Mirror Lake, religiously when I was younger. I've never seen a fish come out of Mirror Lake that was larger than 12 inches. Surrounding lakes have been hammered and larger fish have almost disapeared.

Mirror lake is a good option if you are taking a kid out for stockers close to home, otherwise I'd hit a different lake.

there are bigger fish in there..............did ok through the ice last year, gotta pick through a lot of dinks but there are a few nice trout to be had. I caught a few close to 18"
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Have fished there since 86'. One 18" male and one 24" female both in summer and both were stocked spawning stock. The rest are small 10 inch average landlocks and rainbows that are stockers. If you like the taste of a mouthfull of mud, then these fish are great table fare!