Thread: MPG of your ride

Default MPG of your ride

I'm just curious about what kind of MPG your snowmachines get and I know this can vary by how your riding but just an average would be nice. I 've was wondering how the new injected models are comparing to the carb'd ones and four stroke vs two stroke.

Default Ski Doo Tundra LT 550 F (carb)

I get average of 11 mpg

03 RMK 700 carbed: 10-11 mpg on the trails. Half that in the deep.

From the 4 stroke owners I know the Yamaha's are getting 20-25 mpg.

2000 RMK 700 carbed: 10mpg, got over 20mpg on the Tok to Dawson run (400 mile round trip).

2007 RMK Dragon 700 EFI: 12 mpg, about half when climbing in the steep and deep.

-10 mpg when riding in the garage waiting for the snow!

Default MPG...that's miles per grin...Right?

Big Lake to Skwentna to Deshka Landing...
    140.5 GPS miles...NOT machine odometer
    8.8 gals of gas...16.0 mpg, 0.00 oz of oil.
    avg speed 34 mph...28,568 miles to next valve adjustment

I did the ol' cut-n-paste from my post on this forum of last March...so's I don't wear out the spell checker. Oh you probably wanna know that my machine is a '08 Yamaha Nytro MTX with about 2000 miles. FYI...the mileage has been steadily improving as the miles rise.
    Natural Selection begins with you!

My 1999 XCR-800, ported, bored, cased, HTG'ed, 40mm carbs gave me roughly 13 mpg.
    My 2007 Arctic Cat Bearcat 570 fan-cooled carbed gives me 15 mpg when not towing stuff.

At no time have I ever considered the mileage when deciding what sled I wanted. With my XCR, I wanted power. With my Bearcat, I wanted a long and wide track, two-up seat, and fan-cooled. I then began looking through the manufacturers for what they had.

Don't buy a sled by looking at mileage, unless you make money using the sled.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

already have machines but haven't been able to ride them yet. Im just wondering my range i can travel without having to tow a sled filled with gas cans.

Default MPG

Last winter we did the run from Eureka lodge to Lake Lousie and back, about 82 miles:
    2009 Bearcat 570=13MPG
    2005 Bearcat 660 four stroke=21MPG
    Keep in mind that the trail was in good condition and we kept speeds reasonable.
    We will keep a better eye on the MPG's this year.

I run my 09 Yamaha Nytro hard and I am am getting 22-28.

Default ski-doos

2007 summit X 800R 151 on the river best I have seen is 15mpg, in the deep pow average about 10-12mpg This sled uses twice the oil of the 2008

2008 summit X 800R 154 on the river best I have seen 18mpg, in the deep pow worst I have seen 12mpg

The wifes summit 600ho averages 16 doing pretty much everything, that includes getting stuck quite abit, and shes no slouch with the throttle, she likes to cruise between 60and 70 on the river!!! I bet that sled could easily hit 20mpg with the right conditions, and being careful with the throttle!

I also get about 11mpg out of my tundra.....less if I'm alone. Personally I'd like a higher MPG rating, higher MPG means greater range. My tundra has a 7 gallon tank and I find myself filling it a little too often on what I consider medium length rides(70-100 miles).
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default MPG?

Where do I start?
    Trail conditions: Boondocking? Steep (highmarkin) Steep & Deep, traveled trail, groomed trail, pushing snow all the way?
    Towing: Weight, wide track, 340, 440, Liquid, fan, load, trail condition, is there a trail, 2 stroke, 4 stroke, plastic sled, steel, riding habits?

You guys kill me. Start posting facts. It's **** important now when deciding to spend $10K on a new tool/toy.

Let me tell you A liquid cooled triple 700 cc Yamaha towing (in a skimmer) 20gl fuel & 80 lbs other gear gets 9mpg on smooth packed (ungroomed trail). Same trail with an Arctic Cat 4 stroke ZT 136" trail chassis (09) gets 16 MPG (no load). 09 ZT 4 stroke 121" short track (towing that fuel/gear load=skimmer) got 10 mpg. Our speed is around 20 MPH. These numbers are from the Yukon Quest trail of 1000K miles. What's your numbers?

Skidoo V800 SWT Less than 500 miles on it 13-16 Mpg Polaris Widetrack LX 1992, 488 Liq, 9-12 Mpg, Polaris Fusion,900. 8-11 Mpg.

2000 Polaris Widetrak LX

About 13-14 mpg commuting down varying trail conditions and taking it easy on the throttle.

Pulling freight n fat people.......9-10 mpg.