Thread: '95 65hp Evinrude Jet - Fair Price?

Default '95 65hp Evinrude Jet - Fair Price?

What is a fair proce for this motor? A buddy owns it, I used it this season after we put it on my boat. He probably put 8-10 hrs of good work on getting it all situated on my craft so time is worth something. Is 1500 too steep?

Default I am thinking about buying it

I am curious if it is a fair price or not. I cant seem to find some good informaiton online so far. However, if I decide not to I will PM you.

If it worked on your boat, and you liked it , buy it.

There is something to be said about another mans time, but thats between you and him.

if your "friend" put 8-10 hours of his time into installing it for you, and it runs good and you have already used it, $1500 sounds like a bargan to me, even if it blows up this next time you use it, I havn't looked at the cost of new motors, but I would bet it is more the $7-8k for a new jet like you are describing. some old motors will last for years if taken care of. Bud

Default It is a 1995 model

I would guess that with getting it installed on my boat, running cables, tweaking etc, my buddy put a GOOD 8 hrs in at least. The motor ran like a champ on my moose hunt last week and I dont see how I could go wrong, I just wanted to make sure the price seemed fair (I thought it was, just dont know the prices these days).

After having two old 50HP Mercs that were pull start, and electric start was/is ... N I C E!

if it has power trim/tilt also, it is a real deal, i wouldn't have one without after having one with. bud

Thumbs up It has power trim

I was loving that feature hauling back my moose and gear. While it is not fast for my flatbottom boat, it is very nice to trim it out. I was/am pretty sure it is a great deal, but like I said, I have to grid for what a good price is. I just wanted to make sure it was "in the ballpark" so that I dont find out a few months from now that I shoulda/coulda/woulda done better.

Default Nada

NADA.com has prices for used outboard motors. They dont have an option for jet outboards or steering consoles. but you can definitely get a good price for just the motor, and time is worth something as well. Good Luck.. And if it is already on the boat and does good, then more power to ya.. Maybe check compression on all cylinders for the range that they are supposed to be.