Thread: my new mauser (35whelen)

Default my new mauser (35whelen)

I had a 35whelen built on a VZ-24 action I had. BAsically it has a 22" shillen #4, timney trigger, hinged bottom metal, also had the bottom of the bolt handle flattened. The stock is a cheap stock I picked up off ebay until I can have a decent piece of wood put on. Should make a nice work gun that will thump some bears. Only bullet I plan on using is a 225gr TSX.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3..._1/vz24003.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3..._1/vz24002.jpg

I had the 1.5 leupy in my safe and cant think of a better scope for it (except for maybe a 2x7)

Nice rifle. I have a couple LH Chuck Daly actions that I'm going to build on one of these days.

I'm curious......it looks like there isn't enough clearance to operate the safety in the photo or does it only look that way because the bolt is lifted?
    Now what ?

Thats what I had in mind for my last rifle, but I ended up with a 350 rem mag Stainless M-77 ruger. Which I still can't shoot because the shop I left it at for the 4-5 day front sight installation is two months behind....
    The 35 whelen is a great cartridge

Steve, thats just because of the pic. Plenty of room to work the safety. Kinda wish I went with the 3 position though.

Float pilot, If I come acroos a decent (moneywise) short action, its gonna become a 350. I do love the 35's. This rifle was done in less than 2 months (through WWG), which caught me off guard. I thought it would take longer. I had a 7600 in 35whelen and right after I shot a blackie, it jammed on me as I was entering the woods to find it. It was more than likely my fault and luckily it was only 20yards away (dead and piled up under a tree), but I lost trust in it and had this one built. Wish I woulda kept that 7600.

Thumbs up 7600

I have a M7600 in 35 Whel do you need to trade?
    Alaska

Joel,

Just buy one of the Ruger 350's, cheaper than building one and they shoot!