Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott trim nozzle on sport jets

Default Scott trim nozzle on sport jets

Just wondering who has them, likes and dislikes.

Quote Originally Posted by f0zzy2 View Post
    Just wondering who has them, likes and dislikes.
    My buddy and I bought identical riddle sj's a couple years ago and he put the scott trim on his... I ran it a couple times and it was kind of cool, helped out for intitially getting on step, smoothed out the ride and all. But sure was spendy...

He swears by it, and since then sold the boat and has now taken to working me over at every opportunity to get me to by one!

Of course, I have the trim on my full sized scott and have really grown to like it, but it came with the purchase price sort of "hidden" since its included in the jet price!

I think that trim nozzle kit for the SJ is like 1800 bucks if I'm not mistaken...

Thumbs up thanks for the input

I just accquired one, without the wifes knowledge of coarse ... and ill be installing it over the long winter. I also got a HS impeller and ss wear ring. Gotta give props to Steve at Fire Fish..I was surprised at the deals he gave me compared to the squarebanks dealers..The exstream shallow dealer wanted 3k for nozzle and installation i found it for less than half that price!

Please excuse my ignorance, but what are the biggest advantages to adding the Scott trim nozzle? Also, anyone have a picture of one on a sj that they could post?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what are the biggest advantages to adding the Scott trim nozzle? Also, anyone have a picture of one on a sj that they could post?
    They allow you to adjust your nozzle inside diameter without switching out nozzles to better match your boat, engine, and load conditions.

You can also buy ones that have adjustable trim which will allow you to adjust bow height when compensating for rough water and boat loads.

Prince George Yamaha and Schlagel Marine are the two North American dealers and have a lot of info, video, and pictures on their respective websites.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

They allow you to "roost" your buddies!

Actually, they do help to get on step a bit more quickly as well, and they will tend to allow you to "clean up" the boats attitude once you are at cruise speed somwhat, so they aid in fuel efficiency and motor wear to some degree.

I'll root around a bit for some pics...

Here's a pic of the "roost" effect:

Here's a "sort of" view of an 852 trim nozzel in the "full up" position:

Chriso...you roll with P. Hughes of Eagle River? Tell him to get his sheit together for next year..too much slacking on the RMX this year.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    They allow you to "roost" your buddies!

Actually, they do help to get on step a bit more quickly as well, and they will tend to allow you to "clean up" the boats attitude once you are at cruise speed somwhat, so they aid in fuel efficiency and motor wear to some degree.

I'll root around a bit for some pics...

Here's a pic of the "roost" effect:

Here's a "sort of" view of an 852 trim nozzel in the "full up" position:

Chriso, do you have anyother way of posting these photos? I am unable to view them on my work computer.

Chriso, do you have anyother way of posting these photos? I am unable to view them on my work computer.
    be careful what you ask for....after seeing them you may just want to get rid of your Phantom and buy a Riddle...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    be careful what you ask for....after seeing them you may just want to get rid of your Phantom and buy a Riddle...
    Price alone put them in a class of their own, major "pay to play"
    I'd donate a left nut, not much use to me anymore
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Did you know that...

The guys that started Phantom used to be Riddles foremen back when he sold Weldcraft?

Also, the arent that expensive unless you want to sink 35K into a steve schmidt racing custom built vette motor. Them little sportjet boats we've been running came in about 35K apiece. Of course, a scott pump adds to the price... and like I said, that scott trim nozzle for the SJ is a spendy littl mod... about 1800 if you have Riddle install it I believe.

Can you see photobucket from work?

here's the nozzle:

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...&current=3.jpg

and here's the "rooster":

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t=IMG_0343.jpg
    If that doesnt work, shoot me your email in a PM and I'll send them that way.

Have a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Chriso...you roll with P. Hughes of Eagle River? Tell him to get his sheit together for next year..too much slacking on the RMX this year.
    Yup... Pauls not been much fun lately! (all work and no play!!!)

I've had a hardon for a Riddle boat ever since I saw his in person lol
    Seems he's ready for the water when it's freezing up lol

how 'bout it chris...still plenty of boating to be had this year....we're going out sunday...you itchin' to get 'big orange' wet?...
    pull my finger....

how 'bout it chris...still plenty of boating to be had this year....we're going out sunday...you itchin' to get 'big orange' wet?...
    I get home tuesday... if it's still wet, lets go!

I get home tuesday... if it's still wet, lets go!
    I'll post a report after the weekend....

and wha'd'ya know, my schedule just opened up after Tuesday...
    pull my finger....

The guys that started Phantom used to be Riddles foremen back when he sold Weldcraft?

Also, the arent that expensive unless you want to sink 35K into a steve schmidt racing custom built vette motor. Them little sportjet boats we've been running came in about 35K apiece. Of course, a scott pump adds to the price... and like I said, that scott trim nozzle for the SJ is a spendy littl mod... about 1800 if you have Riddle install it I believe.

Can you see photobucket from work?

here's the nozzle:

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...&current=3.jpg

and here's the "rooster":

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t=IMG_0343.jpg
    If that doesnt work, shoot me your email in a PM and I'll send them that way.

Have a good one!
    Cool, I can view them now, thanks.

Hey, I'm sold brother. Now all I need is for you to drop by and see if you can talk my wife into it......Good luck with that one.

Default Wanna go with us next week?

Hey, I'm sold brother. Now all I need is for you to drop by and see if you can talk my wife into it......Good luck with that one.
    Wanna go with us next week? (Scratch that... wanna bring her with us next week!!!)

Default Roost... No Roost...

Just so nobody thinks you've got to run with that much spray behind you if you have a scott... heres the photobucket link for the "bow down" position of the nozzle:

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t=IMG_0339.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast